How to submit URL to google almost immediately in 2021
After creating a website our second task is to submit URL to Google for indexing. Usually, we do have to submit the URL to different search engines to get maximum index and exposure. But Google is our first priority that’s why we will submit our website on Google first. Before you are going to submit the website on Google, make sure you have completed the site development. Not sure if it’s complete or not, read our tutorial to create a WordPress website. After creating the website properly, now you will submit the URL to Google.
Why submit a URL to Google?
We submit URL to Google for indexing what we have made or written inside the pages. Once Google’s crawler bot discovers the pages it will scan for content inside it. After scanning the page the bot will send the information to Google’s search database. Once the page’s information appears inside the Google database it becomes discoverable by users search queries. So it’s a very important task to submit URL to Google search engine.
Where to submit the URL?
To submit and verify your website with Google you have to use the webmaster tool. Webmaster tool is cloud-based software developed by Google specifically for the website owners. This is like a gateway to submit your work to Google’s search engine. Before verifying your website you should know that the webmaster tool has two different versions. Google had introduced the new version of search console (webmaster tool) back in first of January, 2018. However, you can still access the older version in case you like to use. Now to access the webmaster tool you will need a Google account. Normally we all have our account on Google. But if you want to create a new one then you should apply here.
Bonus point: Connecting your Analytics account to the webmaster is recommended. So try to use the same Google account for both the tools. Now go ahead and follow the tutorial below to submit URL to Google search engine.
Steps to verify the website (New Version)
- Inside the page click on the search console.
- First, visit the Webmaster tool.
- Now click on “Add Property” on the top left corner.
- Go ahead and add the site URL there.
After submission, the tool will automatically scan for your submitted domain availability. Once the scanning is completed, it will provide five options to verify that the domain is yours.
- HTML file
- HTML tag
- Google analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Domain name provider
To verify the site, you have to follow one of the given methods. Here we will go through the first two processes of URL verification.
1. HTML file upload
The webmaster tool will generate an HTML file. You have to download and upload it back to your Domain /root folder.
- First, Download the given file.
- Now go to your web host and open the cPanel file manager. (If you have FTP clients then you can use it as an alternative)
- Go to your domain name (File directory)
- The file should be uploaded on the ROOT directory means https://your-domain.com/(Upload-in-this-directory)
- See the example below.
- Once the upload process is done, come back to the webmaster and click on verify.
- Google will look for the file on your website automatically. When they find the HTML file inside your domain, your domain name will be verified.
- If verification is not completed, you can try once more with the correct procedure.
- Or you can use the HTML tag method alternately.
2. HTML tag verification
HTML tags are meta tags written in HTML code with specific number-character string. Webmaster tool will provide you a unique HTML tag which you have to paste inside your home page’s <head> section. There are various ways to insert that HTML tag inside the heading section.
- By using header and footer plugin
- By using the Yoast SEO plugin
- By using the Rank-Math SEO plugin
Using Yoast and Rank-Math to verify the HTML tag is more efficient than the header and footer plugin.
Remember: When you are going to paste the HTML tag always open a new tab. Because you will need to verify tag placement form the webmaster page.
>> Yoast’s method of verification
In WordPress left admin bar go to SEO > General > Webmaster tool.
Paste the HTML tag inside the blank box and click “save change“. After saving go to the Google webmaster tool’s verification page and click on verify.
>> Rank-Math verification method
After installing the Rank-Math plugin, go to Rank-math > General settings. Then go to Webmaster tools > Paste the HTML tag inside Google Search Console. Scroll down and save the settings.
Now like the previous example, go to Google webmaster tool and verify the website. Once the verification process is done, you can access the webmaster tool dashboard. The next step is to submit your website’s sitemap into the webmaster tool.
Submit sitemap to Google
Having an XML sitemap is really essential for SEO. Google can retrieve important update of a website from the sitemap very fast. The sitemaps are updated automatically when you add or remove or update any content inside your website. This will also include the post types that you want the search engines to index.
To generate a sitemap for your website, you can use any one of the mentioned plugins below.
- If you have Yoast plugin installed then your sitemap address should be
- If you have Rank-Math plugin installed then your sitemap address should be
- And If you have Google XML sitemap plugin installed then your sitemap address should be
After confirming the sitemap address, it’s time to submit URL to Google for indexing. To submit the URL to Google, go to your webmaster dashboard and click on the sitemap.
Now add the last part of sitemap URL inside the blank space after your domain name and click on submit.
After submitting, it will send a notification saying that Google will check for the update soon.
Verify The Submission
As you have already submitted the sitemap, you can track the status of indexing. You can also detect the number of URLs discovered during the last indexing. Moreover, to check the status of child sitemaps click on the primary sitemap.
To verify the indexing of individual URLs you can inspect them on the top search bar. It will show whether the URL is indexed by Google or not.
Submit URL to Google Search Engine For 2x Faster Indexing
You can also submit URL to Google individually (don’t need to submit sitemap every time when the website gets an update). This method is useful for content such as a blog post, a new page, etc. After creating your post you can apply the inspecting procedure to get indexed even quicker. Here’s are the steps to follow:
- Copy the URL of page or post which is recently published.
- Go and paste the URL inside the inspect bar.
- Wait till inspecting process is finished.
- Since the page/post is published a few minutes ago, it will be available but not live on Google.
- Below the URL status, there is an option for “request indexing”.
- Find that and click for individual indexing request.
- Once requested Google will show you a message that they will look for the requested URL soon.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes and your page/post will be live on Google.
Apply these steps to submit URL to Google for faster indexing. This method is very beneficial if you want your page on Google quicker. The quicker a page is available to Google, the faster you can start ranking. (But to rank higher you need better On-page & Off-page SEO)
Conclusion: Keep exploring the amazing features of Webmaster tool. They have included a branch of new and very useful stuff recently. So far webmaster tool is alone very useful for submitting, tracking and analyzing your website growth. I hope this standalone tutorial will help you to submit URL to google search engine easily and also get faster indexing of pages. If you have any query related to this article please add that inside the comment box. For more such article, keep visiting my blog and if you wish you can subscribe to our newsletter for quick information of the new article. Also, don’t forget to share this post. It will encourage me to craft more useful stuff here.