New month, new baby and a new income record! March was a busy month for the business with many new projects on the go.
Between the hiring of 2 additional staff in house and a BIG new project that is all about putting more capital to work in this space I am excited. Expect a very interesting case study soon about the new project and in particular the BrandBuilders.io deal structure.
It is still a challenge to ensure I am giving all projects the amount of attention they deserve especially with the arrival of my 3rd child and spending more time at home.
This report covers the results of the business during March!
The Business “Divisions” For My Online Business:
- Money Site Portfolio
- AuthorityWebsiteIncome Blog
- Services – Web Development, Content Marketing & Link Building:
- Domain Finding Service (buy domains that meet my metrics)
- Done for Your Private Blog Network (let my team build you a personal PBN)
- LightningRank (get access to the most powerful PBN available!)
- Brand Builders (FBA Branded Site Creation & Affiliate Site Creation)
- Content Refined (Your in house content marketing team)
- Amazon FBA Business
- Brands 1-6 – All have specific targets for 2017
- ListingEagle – Amazon FBA Hijacking and Suppression Monitoring
- Put Outside Capital to Work Efficiently in the Online Asset Space
- ContentRefined.com Growth (10% compounding per week!) – Content Refined has continued to grow at 10% per week for 4 months now! Maddie is handling all orders extremely well and we are getting fantastic feedback on both the service and the support!
2. BrandBuilders Deal – The launch of the turnkey sites was CRAZY… they sold out in a matter of hours and we are quickly scaling to be able to handle additional volume! You can sign up for the early bird list here.
3. FBA Businesses – After a few months of struggles with the FBA businesses we have had the start of success on a few fronts with these brands and look
4. Quality of Applicants & New Hires – I posted a job to hire a summer intern and ended up with an incredible number of quality applicants! I am excited about the 3 people I will be adding to my in-house team and their potential contributions to the company and this website/audience.
- # of Projects and Unrealized Opportunity – With the number of projects I have it is clear that a few have some pretty amazing potential but I am spending time on projects that even if they hit their targets won’t deliver the type of results a small incredible increase in the other projects would yield. This is an ongoing struggle but allocating my time to balance both diversification of risk and optimizing my return on time. My hope is that with the increased staff my capacity will continue to be increased and I will be able to give increased attention to the projects that are morst deserving of it!
2017 Business Goals
Below is my businesses main goals for 2017…
Part 1 – Passive Authority & Niche Website Income Profit/Loss
3 Goals in 2016 for my Website Portfolio Business
- Everyone Win at the Mortgage Crushing Competition
Mar Update – The team is doing very well in the MortgageCrushingCompetition. Everyone struggles with the same issues of finding time to invest in this project but all sites are looking good!
- Traffic = 4,175 Unique Users
- Earnings = $12.72
2. Buy 1 Site Per Month
Mar Update – This was the first month in a long time where I did not actually add a content site into my portfolio! I did buy an Amazon FBA business and through an entity I will talk more about later we made another productized service acquisition but for me personally, I did not buy any content site!
- GOAL = 1 New Website Purchased
- ACTUAL = 0 New Website Purchased
If any readers are looking to sell their profitable site(s) VERY QUICKLY let me know by emailing me. I can let you know in 12hrs if I am interested and complete the purchase in 24-48hrs – Contact Me Here
I have found the right sellers are those…
- Looking to sell FAST (under 24hrs has been accomplished!) (shorter time for due diligence on my end increases risk for me)
- Not wanting to spend a lot of time on the sales process (analytics and income proof is all I need)
- SEO done to the site can be questionable and that increased risk will be reflected in the sales price
- Site being associated with a banned Amazon Associate is still possible to sell (but STEEP discount!)
- Understand that the benefits of the bullet points above means the sales multiple will be lower than if you went a more traditional route
If you have a profitable website you are looking to sell fast please let me know
Amazon FBA, SAAS or Larger Websites I Can Close on Quickly As Well – Contact Me Here
3. Scalable New Site Creation Strategy adds $5k to Portfolio
Mar Update – This project is going well with a LOT of traffic rolling into these sites. The earnings are behind where I want them to be but I made some organization changes that have put Kelley who is a wiz with this stuff in charge of my portfolio with a CO-OP student to help part time.
- Traffic – 40,089 Uniques per month
- Earnings – $351.72 (lots of opportunity for improving! currently behing plan!)
PRIMARY GOAL – OVERALL INCOME FOR WEBSITE PORTFOLIO GROW TO $15k/MONTH CONSISTENTLY
Mar Update – The graph looks awesome! Except there is a one-time earnings event in here that will not be repeated. Definitely, have a lot of work to do to drive up the earnings for my sites. Many sites with great traffic but not earning enough from them, many tests are now underway.
Part 2 – Authority Website Income Blog Profit/Loss
3 Goals in 2015 for AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
- Post Once Per Week
Mar Update – March was not my best month for the site! The posts were not as in depth as I would like and were more mind-set then tactical. I am working to fix that this month! My excuse… baby… but it is a weak excuse since we had ~9months to prepare for me not working much for a few days.
- Plan = 4
- Actual = 3
2. Systematic Promotion of my Content and Building of my List
Mar Update – No Progress – One of the team members joining will have it on her plate to help develop and execute and improved strategy here.
3. Increased Intelligence with Email Automation
Mar Update – Good progress last month with proper tagging, now it is up to me to better define the process.
PRIMARY GOAL – GROW TO 30k VISITORS PER MONTH
Mar Update – 17,257… Lots of work to do this year to hit this target! I will continue pushing!
Part 3 – Services Business Profit/Loss
- Systems First Focus
Mar Update – Great continued focus from the manager of the services.
- ListingEagle.com – Quality and Efficiency Improvements
Mar Update – The ranking improvements we saw from the tests we ran are continuing this month!
- ContentRefined.com – 20k MRR by June & 40k MRR by End of Year
Mar Update – We have had an average compounding growth rate of 10.76%(PER WEEK) for 13weeks! Customers are thrilled and we are blowing through our targets. Many long hours are being put in by the team led by Maddie but we are very excited for what options we have for this business!
- Planned MRR = $14,000
- Actual MRR = $22,187
4. BrandBuilders.io Structurally Well Setup & New Offering Launched
Mar Update – Achieved – expect a very interesting case study soon! The TurnKey affiliate sites ready in 24hrs are fantastic and feedback has been great (selling out in under 24hrs again)!
PRIMARY GOAL – SYSTEMATIC GROWTH!
Part 4 – Amazon FBA Business
- Brand #1 – HG – Running Lean and Spinning off Cash
- Mar Update – Running lean (don’t have the numbers for this business so not included in the income report)
- Brand #2 – CF – Quarterly Dividends Ahead of Baseline
- Mar Update – Continuing to run lean and profitable
- Brand #3 – NT – Path To Strong Market Position and Successful Pillar Product
- Mar Update – This business may be the first one we need to kill… unfortunate and we will test a couple more ideas but our landed cost is simply too high for this product to be really profitable.
- Brand #4 – CF – Systematic Growth to $20k/month Profit
- Mar Update – GREAT NEWS – we are back on Amazon and selling!
- Brand #5 – PC – Successful launch and $5k/month Business
- Mar Update – We are now selling! With 2 websites pushing sales we are looking forward to seeing how we are able to compete in this space.
- Brand #6 – SE – 4X Value Expansion with Dream Team!
- Mar Update – Products are on the boat for the first very small validation order!
- com – Hijack Monitoring Service
- Mar Update – Continuing to run very lean with little effort on growth. Great solution for people who want to be notified ASAP if their listing goes down.
Part 5 – Put Outside Capital to Work Efficiently
Mar Update – I will have some big news on this front soon!
Overall Income Update
Original Monthly Net Income Target (original goal $15k/month reliable income by age 35)
- Target Net Income = $10,750
- Actual Net Income = $60,065.61
- 2017 Average Net Income = $45,586.10
Gross revenue is a vanity number for my business and I do not share it.
March was a month where I definitely felt I started to be more active working on my business and not in it. The next phase of growth for the business I believe is clear and that is continuing to get better at managing my team, pushing out more value to my audience at AuthorityWebsiteIncome and focusing on my largest opportunities within my portfolio/investments.
There will be what I hope is a very interesting case study coming soon about how adding a 3rd option (not just sell/don’t sell) for world class operators who aren’t necessarily looking to sell but want to take some risk off the table. If this might apply to you please reach out to me and I can let you know more details.