May Income Report 2016
Better late than never!
In this months income post I will share the results of my business for the last full month of day job I had! As of June 10th I am now working on my online business full time!
May had a big change to the business with my first substantial sale of 66% of my FBA and affiliate site business.
The result has been a drop in income due to the sale of the business but my plan is to try and hold to my stretch goal of $30k/month in 2016 even though I have sold off 66% of a big part of my business.
My Business Projects:
- Passive Income Website Portfolio
- AuthorityWebsiteIncome Blog
- SEO & Expired Domain Services:
- Amazon FBA Business
- Brand #1
- Brand #2
- Brand #3
- Sale of FBA Business Finalized – It took awhile but the sale of the FBA business was finalized in May.
- ListingEagle.com – The team has been working very well on this business and it is quickly becoming the default tool for Amazon FBA sellers looking to monitor their listings.
- New Authority Site – I have partnered with my business team lead to do the leg work of building out a new authority site and so far it is performing well.
- 2nd FBA Business – The second FBA business has had a slower start than I would have liked. Multiple challenges have popped up and I am continuing to grind away at them until we have success.
2016 Business Goals
Below is my businesses main goals for 2016
(Note – FBA Brand #2 Has Been Replaced With my SAAS Business)
Part 1 – Passive Authority & Niche Website Income Profit/Loss
3 Goals in 2016 for my Website Portfolio Business
- Systematize Top 20 Sites in Portfolio
May Update – The framework for the changes I will be making to better systematize the management of these sites beyond simply adding content is taking shape. The foundation for the changes will be the work that is being done to build up our latest authority site!
- Buy 1 Site Per Month
May Update – No websites purchased in May.
- GOAL = 1 Website
- ACTUAL = 0
If any readers are looking to sell their profitable site(s) VERY QUICKLY let me know by emailing me. I can let you know in 12hrs if I am interested and complete the purchase in 24-48hrs – Contact Me Here
I have found the right sellers are those…
- Looking to sell FAST (under 24hrs has been accomplished!) (shorter time for due diligence on my end increases risk for me)
- Not wanting to spend a lot of time on the sales process (analytics and income proof is all I need)
- Sites are medium-questionable quality (questionable SEO, non-native English articles are OK)
- High quality sites making over $500/month often make sense to sell via other channels (EmpireFlippers is a great marketplace)
- Understand that the benefits of the bullet points above means the sales multiple will be lower
If you have an Amazon Affiliate site you are looking to sell fast please let me know – Looking to buy fast at market value!!
- Sell Websites Strategically for $100k Total
May Update – This goal was achieved in Feb with the sale of a six figure option (see details here – creative structure here). Right now the deal continues to be going well but the option has not been exercised.
PRIMARY GOAL – OVERALL INCOME FOR WEBSITE PORTFOLIO ABOVE $10k/MONTH
May Update – Although the graph above doesn’t show it this is a great month since I sold off a decent sized portion of my portfolio but the income remained solid!
Part 2 – Authority Website Income Blog Profit/Loss
3 Goals in 2015 for AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
- Post Once Per Week
May Update – Still struggling to publish consistently!
- Plan = 5
- Actual = 3
- 10x my Outreach
May Update – With the transition out of the day job I hope to be able to recover this over the coming months. So far my outreach and networking in this space has been weak!
- Site Redesign – Completed!
May Update – Continuing to tweak but I can call this one complete!
PRIMARY GOAL – GROW TO 30k VISITORS PER MONTH
May Update – +79.3% year over year increase. I believe if I can achieve my weekly posting plus my 10x outreach I can achieve the goal of 30k per month! What is also interesting to note is that last year in May I was extremely busy with my day job and did not get many posts out. The graph below shows the benefit of me publishing regularly.
Part 3 – Services Business Profit/Loss
- Systems Overhaul/Refresh– This one hasn’t started yet but I have a plan for it mapped out and I am looking forward to July/Aug to be able to focus on this effort.
- Improve email marking and sales automation– In January I started down this road moving all contacts over to ActiveCampaign but have not fully fleshed out the sales automation yet (this is at the top of my list for my effort in July/Aug)
- BrandBuilders.io Becomes The Go-To Resource for Done 4 You Amazon FBA Private Label Websites – Awesome results for customers to date! We are growing in staff now as well to meet demand.
PRIMARY GOAL – STAND ALONE SYSTEMATIZED SERVICES BUSINESS IN 2016
Part 4 – Amazon FBA Business
- Sell FBA Business for 30x with 3+ Solid Months – Success – closed the FBA business sale in May!
- Launch Brand #2 – With my other projects on the go this one has slipped off the priority list. I am re-establishing my expectations for this business as I prioritize it below a few other projects still in development. I will potentially launch this effort in Aug (but to be determined)
- Launch Brand #3 – This project with investors has gone slower than I would like. We have run into issues I certainly plan to share on this site for its learning’s. I will be putting more focus on it over the coming months to ensure it is successful!
Part 5 – Web App Business – ListingEagle.com
May Update – Product was launched on TheAmazingSeller podcast on May 10th. Although we had some extremely lofty goals we did not hit in the first month I am very happy with the project & teams performance. For the sake of this income post I am not including income numbers for at least a couple months.
Overall Income Update
Original Monthly Net Income Target (original goal $15k/month reliable income by age 35)
- Target Net Income = $9,000
- Actual Net Income = $26,910
- 2016 Average Monthly Net Income = $30,980 (stretch goal is 30k average for the year)
Gross revenue is a vanity number for my business and I do not share it.
- FBA Business sold in May so only 1/3rd of the businesses earnings are counted
- Revenue/Costs associated with ListingEagle.com are not counted here (yet)
May and the start of June was certainly a huge time for my business with…
The overall income took an obvious dip with the sale of the FBA business and that income no longer being counted.
Overall I am happy with the direction of most of the projects I have on the go with a couple that need to be fixed badly!
I am also very excited that I am now full time working on my online business moving into my new office today and ready to grind away at the backlog of work I have to do to push my businesses forward!
With this added time I am very much looking forward to connecting with more of you and producing the type of content we all get the most from!