May Income Report
May was an interesting month!
It was a month that started out very poorly and with my increased staff costs it was looking like it would be a tougher month than I would like. But… a strong end of the month for a few of the businesses really turned it around.
The team stepped up nicely and really pushed the business through the middle and end of the month.
Several parts of the business are not performing where we want them to be and we are working on making adjustments so we are more reliably hitting our goals!
The traffic to our money sites is growing very very nicely but our monetization is still weak.
The Business “Divisions” For My Online Business:
- Money Site Portfolio
- AuthorityWebsiteIncome Blog
- Services – Web Development, Content Marketing & Link Building:
- Domain Finding Service (buy domains that meet my metrics)
- Done for Your Private Blog Network (let my team build you a personal PBN)
- LightningRank (get access to the most powerful PBN available!)
- Brand Builders (FBA Branded Site Creation & Affiliate Site Creation)
- Content Refined (Your in house content marketing team)
- Amazon FBA Business
- Brands 1-6 – All have specific targets for 2017
- ListingEagle – Amazon FBA Hijacking and Suppression Monitoring
- Put Outside Capital to Work Efficiently in the Online Asset Space
- Money Sites Traffic – Great growth in the money site portfolio traffic. But there is an equal and offsetting failure this month where the earnings for those visitors has not kept pace!
- Overall Team Growth – It has been exciting to work with the growing team. We are tackling a handful of new projects and will be happy to reveal them soon enough.
- Data Dashboards – One of my summer interns is a crazy whiz with Data Studios and is creating some epic dashboards for each of my businesses.
- Money Site Earnings Per Visitor – Our portfolio’s earnings per visitor is WAY to low and needs to be improved!
- Customer Acquisition Beyond AuthorityWebsiteIncome Audience – My business is still highly dependent on the audience here (which I am incredibly grateful for) but I need to continue to work to have each of my businesses be better at standing on their own. My goal is to push past 50% of the customers having no idea who “Jon Gillham” is. We are at around 30-40% now and want to increase that % to reduce the single failure point dependency.
2017 Business Goals
Below is my businesses main goals for 2017…
Part 1 – Passive Authority & Niche Website Income Profit/Loss
3 Goals in 2016 for my Website Portfolio Business
- Everyone Win at the Mortgage Crushing Competition
May Update – Traffic is moving up nicely, earnings like the rest of the portfolio is not performing as well as I would like. But we have just crossed over the 1k visitor per day mark which is exciting.
- Traffic = 21,536
- Earnings = $118.53
2. Buy 1 Site Per Month
May Update – Only one new little site was purchased in May. I am starting to turn away more sites as the quality has not been where I would like them to be and my strategy for building sites has been working very well from a traffic strategy.
- GOAL = 1 New Website Purchased
- ACTUAL = 1 New Website Purchased
If any readers are looking to sell their profitable site(s) VERY QUICKLY let me know by emailing me. I can let you know in 12hrs if I am interested and complete the purchase in 24-48hrs – Contact Me Here
I have found the right sellers are those…
- Looking to sell FAST (under 24hrs has been accomplished!) (shorter time for due diligence on my end increases risk for me)
- Not wanting to spend a lot of time on the sales process (analytics and income proof is all I need)
- SEO done to the site can be questionable and that increased risk will be reflected in the sales price
- Understand that the benefits of the bullet points above means the sales multiple will be lower than if you went a more traditional route
If you have a profitable website you are looking to sell fast please let me know
4. Scalable New Site Creation Strategy adds $5k to Portfolio
May Update – Traffic has been working out extremely well with this project! Across the new sites I have grown the traffic to 55k uniques last month! This is a great sign for the project but we are SUCKING at turning that traffic into earnings. No point in having all this traffic without converting it. We will continue pushing hard to earn more from the traffic.
- Traffic – 55,210
- Earnings – $380.10
PRIMARY GOAL – OVERALL INCOME FOR WEBSITE PORTFOLIO GROW TO $15k/MONTH CONSISTENTLY
May Update – Great results on the traffic for new projects but I really need to pick things up when it comes to the earnings!
Part 2 – Authority Website Income Blog Profit/Loss
3 Goals in 2015 for AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
- Post Once Per Week
May Update – Hit my target this month which was great. In particular, I was very happy to reveal the level of analysis we are putting into content marketing at ContentRefined.com and what the data there is showing! The 2 most predictive metrics that allow you to tell if a site is going to rank!
- Plan = 5
- Actual = 5
2. Systematic Promotion of my Content and Building of my List
May Update – No Progress – One of the team members it is on their list.
3. Increased Intelligence with Email Automation
May Update – No Progress – Need to carve out a dedicated workday to go through this!
PRIMARY GOAL – GROW TO 30k VISITORS PER MONTH
May Update – 13,760… Tons of work needed!
Part 3 – Services Business Profit/Loss
- Systems First Focus
May Update – Modified tracking system with each team members weekly scorecard having a focus on it.
- Lightningrank.com – Quality and Efficiency Improvements
May Update – Great progress on an improved process that is showing some serious benefits already! We are excited to continue to roll this out to our sites and clients.
- Contentrefined.com – 20k MRR by June & 40k MRR by End of Year
May Update – With a price increase at the start of this month A LOT of clients jumped on signing up for the service right at the end of the month. Overall another solid month! We are working hard on increasing the number of customer acquisition channels.
- Planned MRR = $18,000
- Actual MRR = $27,452
4. BrandBuilders.io Structurally Well Setup & New Offering Launched
May Update – Achieved – The TurnKey affiliate sites ready in 24hrs are selling out in a handful of hours every time we launch!
PRIMARY GOAL – SYSTEMATIC GROWTH!
Part 4 – Amazon FBA Business
- Brand #1 – HG – Running Lean and Spinning off Cash
- May Update – Continuing to perform solid but not amazing. Lean and piling up some cash in the bank.
- Brand #2 – CF – Quarterly Dividends Ahead of Baseline
- May Update – Dividends getting paid out!
- Brand #3 – NT – Path To Strong Market Position and Successful Pillar Product
- May Update – Continuing to sell at a slow/steady rate.
- Brand #4 – CK – Systematic Growth to $20k/month Profit
- May Update – Several negative reviews have hurt the return to growth for this project but we are throwing everything we have at it.
- Brand #5 – PC – Successful launch and $5k/month Business
- May Update – Only a couple months in and sales are starting to pickup. Showing some definite signs of promise!
- Brand #6 – SE – 4X Value Expansion with Dream Team!
- May Update – At the end of last month we were days away from having this go live.
- ListingEagle.com – Hijack and Listing Suppression Monitoring Service
- May Update – Staying flat/slightly declining business. Very little additional effort going into this but the business is well supported and appreciated by anyone who NEEDS to know if their listing has been suppressed.
Part 5 – Put Outside Capital to Work Efficiently
May Update – Expect a BIG case study on this soon
Overall Income Update
Original Monthly Net Income Target (original goal $15k/month reliable income by age 35)
- Target Net Income = $11,100
- Actual Net Income = $51,574.21
- 2017 Average Net Income = $47,590
May was another fun month with the welcoming of some additional in house staff!
A few BIG issues definitely need to be worked this month including increasing my earnings per visitor for my portfolio of sites. In addition ContentRefined needs to focus on addressing getting more customers from non AuthorityWebsiteIncome audience.
Overall things definitely seem to be moving in the right direction and the problems we are working on solving go a lot further