June Income Report
June was one of the most eventful months in my online businesses history.
It is the month where I worked my last day at my day job and have now moved back to my hometown to pursue online entrepreneurship full time!
Lots happening in my life and online business in June… some good some less than ideal (see ankle/move story below) but all part of the adventure!
My Business Focus Points:
- Passive Income Website Portfolio
- AuthorityWebsiteIncome Blog
- SEO & Expired Domain Services:
- Amazon FBA Business
- Brand #1
- Brand #2
- Brand #3
- New Web App Project
- Email Opt In Sequence – (100 signups per day for FBA Business) –I have recently changed the sequence of driving people to Amazon to first send them through a squeeze page where they receive a marginal discount (5-15%) in exchange for their email. This has increased my opt in rate for that business to 100 per day!
- FBA Business #2 Now Live and Selling – Finally some promising progress on this partnership after several months of challenges and set backs we are now moving forward with the site holding solid with traffic and driving sales of our product on Amazon.
- SEO Consulting – Although I will continue to do this on a very limited scope I have enjoyed working
- Quit Job, Moved Houses and Setup in New Office With No Loss in Work – Lots of moving parts in June along with the usual Summer family/friend social commitments but we pulled off the move successfully and I am now setup in my new office crushing work.
My New Office Setup...
My office is located in a co-working space in Collingwood Ontario called TheCleverOffice with some great waterfront views, fast internet, complimentary coffee/tea and a co-working community with tons of support it has made the migration to being setup and productive extremely efficient!
If you are ever happen to be in the area or want to work in proximity to me and my growing team feel free to find out more about the co-working space here.
- Tearing My Ankle Apart – Not exactly business related but still worth mentioning… the night before the moving truck came with several things left for me to move around I was playing baseball and tore my ankle up good! Definitely added a little complexity/pain to the move but it is what it is.
WARNING CLICK TO REVEAL – Gross Picture for those weirdo’s (like me) that like seeing pictures of nasty bruises…
- Amazon Affiliate Challenges – The partnership Amazon Associate accounts I am apart of have had substantial problems with getting closed down by Amazon. This has hurt the performance of both partnerships. What is odd is that my personal account continues to not have problems. These challenges has me rethinking what had been my original plan to double down on the business model of investing in affiliate sites and turning into FBA businesses.
- My Email Marketing Sucks – My email marketing is terrible! This is nothing new but with the number of subscribers I am now getting across all my businesses my automation and follow up sequence is embarrassingly bad! Time to improve!
2016 Business GoalsBelow is my businesses main goals for 2016
(Note - FBA Brand #2 Has Been Replaced With my SAAS Business)
Part 1 - Passive Authority & Niche Website Income Profit/Loss3 Goals in 2016 for my Website Portfolio Business
- Systematize Top 20 Sites in Portfolio
- Buy 1 Site Per Month
- GOAL = 1 Website
- ACTUAL = 1 Decent Website Purchased
- Looking to sell FAST (under 24hrs has been accomplished!) (shorter time for due diligence on my end increases risk for me)
- Not wanting to spend a lot of time on the sales process (analytics and income proof is all I need)
- Sites are medium-questionable quality (questionable SEO, non-native English articles are OK)
- High quality sites making over $500/month often make sense to sell via other channels (EmpireFlippers is a great marketplace)
- Understand that the benefits of the bullet points above means the sales multiple will be lower
If you have a site you are looking to sell fast please let me know
- Sell Websites Strategically for $100k Total
Part 2 - Authority Website Income Blog Profit/Loss3 Goals in 2015 for AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
- Post Once Per Week
- 10x my Outreach
- Site Redesign – Completed!
Part 3 - Services Business Profit/Loss
- Systems Overhaul/Refresh
- Improve email marking and sales automation
- BrandBuilders.io Becomes The Go-To Resource for Done 4 You Amazon FBA Private Label Websites
Part 4 – Amazon FBA Business
- Sell FBA Business for 30x with 3+ Solid Months
- Launch Brand #2
- Launch Brand #3
- ListingEagle.com– Hijack Monitoring Service
Overall Income UpdateOriginal Monthly Net Income Target (original goal $15k/month reliable income by age 35)
- Target Net Income = $9,175
- Actual net Income = $25,304.01
(note Amazon FBA Income May Be Off By A Little Here – FBA Affiliate Site Income Counted in Passive Income Portfolio – Total FBA Business Income ~$10k)