June Income Report – Almost At My Goal
As I write this income report I have to appreciate the symbolism…
Several times I have stated that the reason why I work the hours I work is to provide financial security to my family and be able to provide the life we choose (in addition to the fact online business is simply a lot of fun!).
What we are working towards is $15k/month in reliable online income by the age of 35 to be in a position to move back to our hometown if we choose.
As of this writing I am sitting in my first hard asset purchased primarily with income earned online (a rental/vacation condo in my home-town) working at my childhood desk moved from my parents garage attic.
If I was a better writer I would talk about the symbolism of where I came from (childhood desk) what I am doing (working on my online business) to get to where we want to be (our hometown).
Alas a picture will have to do…
June was a busy month again for my day job but as of this writing in July it is all wrapped up and I have a couple weeks to experience summer and dedicate more hours to my online business (expect a few overdue changes!).
In this report I will talk through my monthly results for…
- Passive Income Website Portfolio
- AuthorityWebsiteIncome Blog
- Expired Domain Services:
- Domain Finding Service (buy domains that meet my metrics)
- Done for Your Private Blog Network (let my team build you a personal PBN)
- LightningRank (get access to the most powerful PBN available!)
- Systems – With my schedule and main project manager having gotten married in June the team is doing a fantastic job of continuing to provide the quality PBNs to our clients and also help to grow the website portfolio.
- Website Purchases –Several purchases have performed well and I have set up a solid tracking system to be aware of how each investment has done. Overall the returns have been healthy but there are also several big losers in the group. For sellers I seem to be the sweet spot for some people…
- With Lower earning sites who don’t want to give up a relatively high % of their sales to a brokerage site
- Who don’t want to go through the long, time consuming sales process of other sites(Flippa)
- Who have sites who may not qualify for the more premium brokerage sellers (Empire Flippers)
- Who are looking to sell CRAZY FAST (money in PayPal accounts in 24hrs)
- (If you have a site making money and are looking to sell please contact me at jonhaver11 (at) gmail (dot) com
- Recovered Earnings – I mentioned the loss of income from missing some affiliate sales and this month I was able to get them all back. A $3,500 cheque showed up which was fantastic!
- Time – June was much like May when it comes to how many hours I was able to work on the business(way to few!).
- My 2015 Goals – I spent a lot of time on building my plans for 2015 and clearly I messed up…WAY to many goals. Just look at my income reports and you can see how many times I have not been able to progress a goal. Having so many it has left me more than a little unfocused!
2015 Business Goals
Download This Easy to Edit and Printable Goals Template – FREE
Part 1 – Passive Authority& Niche Website IncomeProfit/Loss
No matter where my future business direction I would have a very very hard time giving up the fun of building, buying and running profitable websites.
5 Goals in 2015 for my Website Portfolio Business
1. Build Six Figure Website
JUNEUPDATE – Week over week traffic growth continues. Income is not as strong as desired (over $100 again). My progress on publishing articles has slowed with the key PM stopping work during my busy period and me not being able to replace in time.
- Traffic =10,523
- Income = $162
2. Continue Building Smaller Profitable “Niche” Sites
JUNE UPDATE – Several small successes but the project I was working on is now on hold for me to free up time to focus on growing the sites I have.
3. Systematize Top 20 Sites in Portfolio
JUNEUPDATE –No progress on this front (again!)
4. Buy 2 Sites Per Month
JUNEUPDATE: One website was purchased…right now it is looking like it was definitely not a good purchase but overall I am still happy with my portfolios performance (although the total dollars invested remain relatively low).
- GOAL = 12 sites purchased by June 2015
- ACTUAL = 18 sites (+1 in June)
If any readers are looking to sell their profitable site(s) VERY QUICKLY let me know by emailing me. I can let you know in 12hrs if I am interested and complete the purchase in 24-48hrs – Contact Me Here
5. Improve Monetization of Existing Sites
JUNEUPDATE –GREAT NEWS…that $3,500 in missing commissions was realized in June. So a big uptick in income on my niche sites but controlling for the $3,500 I still had my second best month on my niche sites with $4k in net income. In July I expect to have a big effort to produce a detailed checklist and assign a team member to review all money sites each month to confirm this won’t be able to happen again.
PRIMARY GOAL – OVERALL INCOME FOR WEBSITE PORTFOLIO
Part 2 – Authority Website Income Blog Profit/Loss
My commitment on this site is to provide once per week posts from me in and one MONSTER of an ultimate guide a little later in the year.
3 Goals in 2015 for AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
1. Post 1-2 times per week
JUNE UPDATE – As discussed last month I will be starting to slip on this front!
- Plan = 4
- Actual = 1
JUNE UPDATE – Very weak involvement from me here!
- Interview = 0
- Roundup = 0
- Podcast = 0
2. 2 EPIC Posts Published
JUNEUPDATE –One mini-epic post has been published with me revealing the 301 building block strategy (Part 1, Part 2)
3. PRIMARY GOAL – GROW TO 30k VISITORS PER MONTH
Part 3 – Services Business Profit/Loss
- Create Stand Alone Business
JUNEUPDATE – No progress towards this, this will come after #2 below has more progress.
- Rework and Customize Systems
JUNEUPDATE – Minimal progress but systems are holding!
- Systematic Customer Acquisition
JUNEUPDATE – Soft launch of affiliate program was a success (with a lot of hiccups) a more robust system is needed and is a big project for July!
PRIMARY GOAL – STAND ALONE SYSTEMATIZED SERVICES BUSINESS
In my 2 weeks vacation I have now this is the key business goal!
Overall Income Update
Original Monthly Net Income Target (original – $15k/month reliable income by age 35)
- Target Net Income = $7,075
- Actual net Income = $14,993
- 2015 Average Monthly Net Income = $9,838
Overall from an income standpoint I flirted with the $15k mark but just missed it. A big $3,500 cheque and overall $4k performance in my passive income portfolio was great to see and boosted my overall earnings.
If there was one upside to me not being as involved in my business as I would like is that it provides me with both a an opportunity for problems to be exposed and a fresh perspective to see those problems. Because of this my to-do list in July is VERY long but working hard to focus on 1 thing until it is crushed!
I am in the middle of several improvements and looking forward to sharing those learning’s with everyone in the hopes it can help you in your business!
Hope your businesses are going well through the summer!
Nice job! Is it $8,600 in the post or close to $15k in then chart?
Either way, pretty cool that Google has left your sites be!
I just posted my annual passive income report as well. Failed to reach my $200,000 a year goal in three years, but I’ll keep trying.
Well done Sam on your income!
I just missed the $15k as the graph shows…mess up on my part for the 8k originally in the article…corrected now.
Cool. The figures are consistent now.
Have you published your net worth progress as well? What are you planning to do with all the extra income?
Do you plan to finally leave your job soon?
I haven’t published my net worth. With the online businesses income I continue to keep a lot in reserve to deploy on any opportunities that come my way (size-able portion of condo purchase price) and the rest we plan to get mortgages killed at an aggressive rate to be fully debt free and $15k in reliable income by 35.
Once there the quitting of the job becomes very low risk.
Right now though the day job and online business are both still teaching me a lot and challenging me a lot. From a personal development standpoint I would slow down my development if I were to leave my day job. At some point the learning curve will slow and then it will make a lot more sense to dedicate 100% of my efforts to my online business.
I’m looking forward to the day I reach the 15k, too 🙂
All the best!
Thanks Thomas, I have hit it and above before but not consistently…which is what I am working towards.
Nice Jon, glad to see that while you’ve had your head down everything is still moving in the right direction. This is a real testament to your systems and your ability to get things done!
Thanks Dom, yah having systems and a team is the only way to go as far as I am concerned…eats into the profit margin but provides so many possibilities!
Jon these results are pretty impressive. Consistently hitting the 15K mark will be a huge achievement, especially as its net profit!
Quick question are you monetizing your sites with Amazon or are you using other affiliate programs?
Hi Paul, I use a wide range of monetization strategies. Direct CPA, AdSense, Amazon, CPA Networks and own product sales…probably too many!
Cheers for the response Jon – It’s always good to diversify your income and clearly your results prove that 🙂
Your website portfolio is inspiring, I’m hoping to reach that point with my own niche sites.
Thanks for updating us all
Good luck on your own journey!
Hey Jon really glad to hear that you are about to reach your income goal. Way to go.
Great report Jon!
It’s so motivating to see that your team was still able to take care of at least 80% of your business while you was away.
What’s the actual monthly burn rate for your authority site?
The burn rate for the authority site was $1,100 for the first few months of daily posting.
It has slowed substantially with some turnover in the project management position during my busy time and the posting slowing to zero. I will be starting it back up again and will look to increase revenue from the reasonable traffic I have now.
I must confess that you’re really crushing it and if things continue going this way, I’m sure you’ll soon pass your goal.
Its really amazing to learn that even at your absent, your business is still running quite smoothly, you must have a highly trained team that are covering your back and that’s why automation is the key.
I wanted to join you on your authority site project but couldn’t due to some reasons but, I’m closely watching you guys and this is to wish you more success.
Thanks for sharing.
Nice work. I hope to see you blow past the six figure mark sooner rather than later.
First time I visit your blog and its really cool.
Great report !!
Hope one day I also archive that $15k milestone soon 😛
Hope you have a great weekend ahead.
It is really impressed for the users who visit first time!!
Thank you so much for this blog