June Income Report – Almost At My Goal
As I write this income report I have to appreciate the symbolism…
Several times I have stated that the reason why I work the hours I work is to provide financial security to my family and be able to provide the life we choose (in addition to the fact online business is simply a lot of fun!).
What we are working towards is $15k/month in reliable online income by the age of 35 to be in a position to move back to our hometown if we choose.
As of this writing I am sitting in my first hard asset purchased primarily with income earned online (a rental/vacation condo in my home-town) working at my childhood desk moved from my parents garage attic.
If I was a better writer I would talk about the symbolism of where I came from (childhood desk) what I am doing (working on my online business) to get to where we want to be (our hometown).
Alas a picture will have to do…
June was a busy month again for my day job but as of this writing in July it is all wrapped up and I have a couple weeks to experience summer and dedicate more hours to my online business (expect a few overdue changes!).
In this report I will talk through my monthly results for…
- Passive Income Website Portfolio
- AuthorityWebsiteIncome Blog
- Expired Domain Services:
- Systems – With my schedule and main project manager having gotten married in June the team is doing a fantastic job of continuing to provide the quality PBNs to our clients and also help to grow the website portfolio.
- Website Purchases –Several purchases have performed well and I have set up a solid tracking system to be aware of how each investment has done. Overall the returns have been healthy but there are also several big losers in the group. For sellers I seem to be the sweet spot for some people…
- With Lower earning sites who don’t want to give up a relatively high % of their sales to a brokerage site
- Who don’t want to go through the long, time consuming sales process of other sites(Flippa)
- Who have sites who may not qualify for the more premium brokerage sellers (Empire Flippers)
- Who are looking to sell CRAZY FAST (money in PayPal accounts in 24hrs)
- (If you have a site making money and are looking to sell please contact me at jonhaver11 (at) gmail (dot) com
- Recovered Earnings – I mentioned the loss of income from missing some affiliate sales and this month I was able to get them all back. A $3,500 cheque showed up which was fantastic!
- Time – June was much like May when it comes to how many hours I was able to work on the business(way to few!).
- My 2015 Goals – I spent a lot of time on building my plans for 2015 and clearly I messed up…WAY to many goals. Just look at my income reports and you can see how many times I have not been able to progress a goal. Having so many it has left me more than a little unfocused!
2015 Business Goals
Part 1 – Passive Authority& Niche Website IncomeProfit/Loss
No matter where my future business direction I would have a very very hard time giving up the fun of building, buying and running profitable websites.
5 Goals in 2015 for my Website Portfolio Business
1. Build Six Figure Website
JUNEUPDATE – Week over week traffic growth continues. Income is not as strong as desired (over $100 again). My progress on publishing articles has slowed with the key PM stopping work during my busy period and me not being able to replace in time.
- Traffic =10,523
- Income = $162
2. Continue Building Smaller Profitable “Niche” Sites
JUNE UPDATE – Several small successes but the project I was working on is now on hold for me to free up time to focus on growing the sites I have.
3. Systematize Top 20 Sites in Portfolio
JUNEUPDATE –No progress on this front (again!)
4. Buy 2 Sites Per Month
JUNEUPDATE: One website was purchased…right now it is looking like it was definitely not a good purchase but overall I am still happy with my portfolios performance (although the total dollars invested remain relatively low).
- GOAL = 12 sites purchased by June 2015
- ACTUAL = 18 sites (+1 in June)
If any readers are looking to sell their profitable site(s) VERY QUICKLY let me know by emailing me. I can let you know in 12hrs if I am interested and complete the purchase in 24-48hrs – Contact Me Here
5. Improve Monetization of Existing Sites
JUNEUPDATE –GREAT NEWS…that $3,500 in missing commissions was realized in June. So a big uptick in income on my niche sites but controlling for the $3,500 I still had my second best month on my niche sites with $4k in net income. In July I expect to have a big effort to produce a detailed checklist and assign a team member to review all money sites each month to confirm this won’t be able to happen again.
PRIMARY GOAL – OVERALL INCOME FOR WEBSITE PORTFOLIO
Part 2 – Authority Website Income Blog Profit/Loss
My commitment on this site is to provide once per week posts from me in and one MONSTER of an ultimate guide a little later in the year.
3 Goals in 2015 for AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
1. Post 1-2 times per week
JUNE UPDATE – As discussed last month I will be starting to slip on this front!
- Plan = 4
- Actual = 1
JUNE UPDATE – Very weak involvement from me here!
- Interview = 0
- Roundup = 0
- Podcast = 0
2. 2 EPIC Posts Published
3. PRIMARY GOAL – GROW TO 30k VISITORS PER MONTH
Part 3 – Services Business Profit/Loss
- Create Stand Alone Business
JUNEUPDATE – No progress towards this, this will come after #2 below has more progress.
- Rework and Customize Systems
JUNEUPDATE – Minimal progress but systems are holding!
- Systematic Customer Acquisition
JUNEUPDATE – Soft launch of affiliate program was a success (with a lot of hiccups) a more robust system is needed and is a big project for July!
PRIMARY GOAL – STAND ALONE SYSTEMATIZED SERVICES BUSINESS
In my 2 weeks vacation I have now this is the key business goal!
Overall Income Update
Original Monthly Net Income Target (original – $15k/month reliable income by age 35)
- Target Net Income = $7,075
- Actual net Income = $14,993
- 2015 Average Monthly Net Income = $9,838
Overall from an income standpoint I flirted with the $15k mark but just missed it. A big $3,500 cheque and overall $4k performance in my passive income portfolio was great to see and boosted my overall earnings.
If there was one upside to me not being as involved in my business as I would like is that it provides me with both a an opportunity for problems to be exposed and a fresh perspective to see those problems. Because of this my to-do list in July is VERY long but working hard to focus on 1 thing until it is crushed!
I am in the middle of several improvements and looking forward to sharing those learning’s with everyone in the hopes it can help you in your business!
Hope your businesses are going well through the summer!