July 2019 Income Report Roundup
When I started my online entrepreneurship journey I took a lot of inspiration from others that were sharing everything they did online. Seeing that people like me were making REAL money and that the opportunity to replace my day job was possible.
It has been 3 years since I left my day job and without me creating my own income reports I am not sure if this would have been possible – https://websiteincome.com/quit-my-job/
The more transparent and useful the income report the more I appreciated and was motivated by it.
Over the years I have tried to be as transparent as possible sharing along the way my goals, business successes/failures and the ultimate results(profits).
After years of sharing monthly income posts I decided that it made sense to stop these… a decision I actually regret as I wish I had found a way to keep sharing some of what I was doing. My reason was as my online world and “real” worlds became more tangled.
Looking at many of the people that originally had an income round up they have also stopped. Namely the most famous in the space Pat Flynn no longer does income round ups at SmartPassiveIncome.
Today I am going to start a monthly series looking at some of the most inspiring active income reports and what you can learn from them.
I have tried to add ones here that do a great job of providing inspiration to you no matter what stage of the business you are at.
I will cover…
- List of inspiring income report posts and how they earned their profits
- Recognize motivating people showing not just telling people the results they are achieving
- Learn from others – What the key learning is from the people
Income Report Roundup
Last Month Profit – $16,736.00
Name – Ron Stefanski
Website – onehourprofessor.com
Business Model – Authority Affiliate Site
Income Report – http://www.onehourprofessor.com/july-2019-monthly-income-report/
- It is important to track the leading indicators. Ron made over $16k but was most excited about $2.10 from a new website. It is important to not lose track of the little things/leading indicators as a business grows
- July 4th and a surgery didn’t impact the business too much
Last Month Profit – $6,652
Name – Lidiya
Website – letsreachsuccess.com
Business Model – Blogging
Income Report – https://letsreachsuccess.com/blog-income-how-i-made-6652-blogging/
- Prolific Content Creation! Upgraded 2 blogs posts and published 34 new blog posts published including interviews and only 4 guest posts.
- Sponsorships account for 80% of revenue. This is a revenue source that many people have not fully explored but can account for a significant revenue source for a site.
Last Month Profit – $1,392.11 (Niche Site Project 4 Only)
Name – Spencer Haws
Website – NichePursuits.com
Business Model – Authority Affiliate Site
Income Report – https://www.nichepursuits.com/get-ready-niche-site-project-4/
- Conflicting Revenue Sources – EZoic ads is performing very well but potentially hurting Amazon earnings and potentially causing larger issues with user experience (site speed, number of ads etc). Running a site can still require both management by the numbers and looking at the site thinking about your users experience.
- Think about the long term – Spencer has invested $18k up to this point to build the site mostly with content and after 11 months has had his first profitable month. Despite being in the “hole” $15k the value creation in terms of the ability to sell the site has clearly increased his businesses value.
Last Month Profit – $10,145.10
Name – Johnny FD
Website – johnnyfd.com
Business Model – Mixed – Dropshipping & Investing
Income Report – https://www.johnnyfd.com/2019/08/july-2019-travel-expenses-and-income.html
- Optimizing PnL for Life – More than anyone I have come across Johnny really focuses on both the revenue and expenses for not just his business but life in general. Financial freedom is clearly a goal of his and wants to demonstrate how he can live a very exciting life with a remarkably low monthly expense. If your priority is financial freedom and optimizing life he is great to follow!
Last Month Profit – $37,450
Name – Jon Dykstra
Website – fatstacksblog.com
Business Model – Authority Website (display ads)
Income Report – https://fatstacksblog.com/income-report-july-2019/
- Invest in Content – Jon spent over $20k on Content in July which is consistent with some of his other months.
- Multiple Monetization – More than anyone I know Jon is a wizard at testing and managing/tweaking multiple display ad options. He does not just throw up adsense and accept the earnings he gets. Very impressive
Although they don’t do exactly income reports there are a few reports that are worth mentioning and when they publish new reports I will be sure to include.
A couple examples of ones I will be sure to cover are…
EmpireFlippers – Quarterly Report
- $439k/month Revenue in Q1 2019
- Key Lesson – FOCUS – Years of pushing on the same fly-wheel has resulted in very impressive numbers and a growth chart that looks incredible!
AuthorityHacker – Case Study w Real Numbers
- Sold 18 month old Authority Site for mid 6 figures
- Key Lesson – Setup for success from the start. They didn’t dabble in seeing if it would work but full committed from the start to invest in the team/content and link building process that resulted in the growth they experienced.
Am I missing any I should include? Please contact me I am missing anything.
Great post, these income reports are always inspiring. I wish many of the people I used to follow still did them such as Pat Flynn, yourself and MyWifeQuitHerJob.
If I understand correctly Spencer Haws’ site is the only site that is not a “how to make money from the internet” site. Spencer’s site is an actual case study. Not only is it a lagit case study but he is very transparent in how much it cost to build the site and the level of effort required.
Totally agree the way Spencer is doing the case study is great! Definitely understand your concern and as Jon Dykstra says it “It’s not helpful for you for me to tell you how much I make telling you how much I make.” Most of the reports I have included are not reporting the income from their sites where they talk about their online business but from their actual activities.
I am a blogger with a blog that is less than two years old. I got it up to an average income of $800. I would be interested in being included in your income roundup.
Congrats Peter, will check in on your page and try to include.
Jon – check out Miles Beckler also. He has an excellent YouTube channel with over 100K subscribers, and he just shared an income report for his blog/brand/channel over the past three years. He’s also just started a new niche site “challenge” similar to the one Spencer does. (He’s the only Miles Beckler in the world, and not hard to find online.)
Miles is awesome. He is a current customer at ContentRefined and his stuff is always awesome. I will definitely be including him next month! Thanks for the heads up.