January 2015 Income Post
Welcome to the first income and goals report in 2015.
For 2015 I have set new goals and each months income/goals progress report will reflect my slightly adjusted focus vs 2014.
My overall goal….reaching $15k/month in RELIABLE online income by the age of 35 (5 years to go)
This monthly report will share all the details about the different “divisions” of my business and the progress towards each goal…
- Passive Income Website Portfolio
- AuthorityWebsiteIncome Blog
- Expired Domain and SEO Services:
The purpose of these posts is both to keep me accountable as well as share the details about how I am going about building an online business on the side.
Hopefully this post will give you some ideas on how to grow your business!
- Six Figure Challenge Group – The six figure challenge I announced at the end of 2014 has started out great with some fantastic people in both the private and public group (free to join).
- Website Purchases – January was another productive month with a couple website deals done for 8 more sites.
- Services Business Demand – With me not opening my services up for a few months, waiting for the dust to settle after the PBN update, I was unsure of how much demand still existed for my Done For You PBN and LightningRank PBN Service. I knew they still worked VERY well to get rankings but when I re-opened them they both sold quickly which was great to see!
- Costs Continue to Grow – Cost creep seems to continue to be a problem. With margins eroding I need to be more vigilant and set up better systems to keep costs under control. As the business has aged there are costs that seem to just sprout up and I struggle to keep trimming them back.
- Writer Quality on Six Figure Challenge Site – The six figure challenge site is a major focus for me this year. Things are starting out well with the foundation but the content quality has not been as good as I would like to see it!
- Sharing Six Figure Challenge Details with You! – I am wanting to be releasing more information on the exact step by step details and will do so in the future but just haven’t been able to find the time. The posts by the private group have been fantastic and lots can be learned along with others who have shared their journey like Dom at humanproofdesigns.com
2015 Business Goals
Part 1 – Passive Authority & Niche Website Income Profit/Loss
No matter what my future business direction is I would have a very very hard time giving up the fun of building, buying and running profitable websites!
It is hard to imagine a better business asset then a passive website that brings in money while you do nothing to it. Of course it is never that simple but the concept is thoroughly addictive!
5 Goals in 2015 for my Website Portfolio Business
- Build Six Figure Website
JAN UPDATE – The site is just getting started. January was all about getting my systems up and running. So far things have been going slower than I would like but the foundation I believe has been laid out well for a large content based authority site.
- Continue Building Smaller Profitable “Niche” Sites
JAN UPDATE – By modifying a typical niche site plan and using expired domains(in a unique way) I have my project manager testing out a system that is almost entirely hands off for me (1-3hr/week). Although I don’t believe smaller niche sites are stable enough to build an entire business around there are many people (including me) who are still building and making money with them. My aim here is to test out a new system, increase the number of profitable sites I have and finally show how people if they want to can build profitable niche sites in 2015.
- 14 sites as part of detailed test underway
- Minimal income but solid traffic to a couple already
- It is clear a 100% success rate will not be achievable (not unexpected)
- Systematize Top 20 Sites in Portfolio
JAN UPDATE – No progress on this front, my focus is on the six figure site getting it moving.
- Buy 2 Sites Per Month
JAN UPDATE: Great progress on this in January with 2 deals done and 8 sites added to my portfolio. These were smaller, not very old, PBN promoted amazon affiliate sites which made the pricing a little tricky since the December income numbers skewed the results.
GOAL = 2 sites
ACTUAL = 8 sites
If any readers are looking to sell their profitable site(s) quickly let me know by emailing me. I can let you know in 12hrs if I am interested and complete the purchase in 24-48hrs – Contact Me
- Improve Monetization of Existing Sites
JAN UPDATE – Similar to above, no time/effort spent on this yet which is too bad since I know there is a lot of low hanging fruit!
PRIMARY GOAL – OVERALL INCOME FOR WEBSITE PORTFOLIO
Part 2 – Authority Website Income Blog Profit/Loss
3 Goals in 2015 for AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
- Post 1-2 times per week
JAN UPDATE – Having the six figure group ad a weekly post on their progress building their sites has been a great step towards achieving this goal.
- Plan = 4
- Actual = 7
- Be More Involved in Roundups, Interviews & Commenting
JAN UPDATE – Not as much involvement as I would like…
- Interview = 1
- Roundup = 1
- 2 EPIC Posts Published
JAN UPDATE – Right now I am working on both the data for the niche site test which will eventually be turned into an epic post (assuming the results work) and my six figure challenge attack plan will be turned into a monster of a post.
PRIMARY GOAL – GROW TO 30k VISITORS PER MONTH
Part 3 – Services Business Profit/Loss
This is definitely where my biggest opportunity lies and although I want to keep a balanced portfolio of income producing assets a large portion of my energy needs to go to this area of my business.
- Create a Stand Alone Business
JAN UPDATE – No progress towards this, this will come after #2 below has more progress.
- Rework and Customize Systems
JAN UPDATE – Right now the systems associated with the services business have been put together as needed however I now need to go in and get them all reset. No progress in January.
- Systematic Customer Acquisition
JAN UPDATE – No progress planned until later in the year
PRIMARY GOAL – STAND ALONE SYSTEMATIZED SERVICES BUSINESS
Weak progress in January on this front!!
Overall Income Update
Original Monthly Net Income Target ($15k/month RELIABLE income by age 35)
- Target Net Income = $6,200
- Actual net Income = $14,956.90
Great month from a progress standpoint for my website portfolio and AuthorityWebsiteIncome sides of the business. The strong sales in my services business overshadowed the lack of progress towards the stand-alone systematized services business which is the goal for 2015.
Overall a great start to the year but there are challenges ahead!
Questions for You…
These monthly reports take a lot of work to put together, they are useful for me but the main reason I do them is because I still enjoy reading them from anyone that publishes them and wanted to provide the same. Let me know if you want to see a different format and I would be happy to consider it!