iWriter VS Upwork- Where Can You Find Better Freelance Writers
As it is rightly said, content is king, and this has never been more relatable than today. Every business and website needs content to tell users what they offer, enhance customer engagement, and take advantage of SEO strategies to drive traffic.
Writing business content or blogs for your website can be a tedious job. It requires a certain level of expertise and isn’t nearly as easy as you might think, which is why hiring a competent writer is so important.
What Should You Look for in a Writer?
Content for your business and website needs to be informative and free of fluff. It acts as the primary source of marketing for your company.
Visitors read your website content and immediately make an impression about the brand. That is why it is necessary to have relevant content for your business done in a sophisticated style. When hiring writers, ask yourself:
- Do they understand your brand?
- Do they have writing experience?
- How knowledgeable are they in your niche?
- Can they write original content? (You’ll be surprised how many cannot.)
You can hire a full-time or freelance writer with the required skills and good knowledge of your industry. Now, the question is, where to find these content developers? We understand that it is not easy for you to develop high-quality content for your business – but which content platform should you go to?
Several content writing service platforms are out there where you can find thousands of skilled writers and editors. This article compares two popular content writing services to give you better insight into these platforms and help you find the perfect candidate.
iWriter.com is one of the best TextBroker alternatives. This unique content developing solution was designed by a former affiliate marketer and online business owner.
It may not be as sophisticated as other content sites, but they offer a handful of management services for your project.
iWriter offers a simple system to find suitable writers for your projects and requires you to pay in advance to its registered bank or Paypal account.
As per many clients and writers associated with this site, some of iWriter’s web pages have technical glitches. However, it constantly updates the website to fix them.
If you are looking for regular content for your business, iWritter can serve you with decent content at an affordable price. But, when you need good quality content, this platform is not the best choice.
It’s a hit-and-miss here – you may not find unique content even from the high-end writers on this site.
- iWritter has a lower commission rate than TextBroker, which allows you to save some money.
- You can quickly submit your projects with detailed descriptions.
- Writers have reported that sometimes articles disappear when they try to fetch them.
- You need to pay a portion of the project fee in advance to prove your authenticity.
- It takes extra time for writers to claim your project.
- The rejection rate by clients is relatively high.
- There is a limited description space for the writer’s profile.
Upwork is a massive worldwide platform for all types of freelancers, not just writers.
You may find a skilled writer if you are lucky; however, the sheer number of freelancers registered on this site makes the good ones harder to find.
As this is not a dedicated content writing platform, it does not help you with anything except connecting to a freelance writer.
You may hire a writer on Upwork and pay them at hourly or per-project rates. Upwork will charge you 2.5% on each transaction.
As a client, you need to be practical about the pricing. You cannot expect high-quality content paying $2 to $5 per hour. If you offer too little for a project, it attracts only low-end writers and even spambots.
- Compared to the exclusive content services, the processing fee is low.
- You can hire a good writer at an affordable rate, but it can take weeks to find one.
- You can contact the writers directly.
- Finding a suitable candidate on this site may be a tedious job.
- Even if you hire the highest bidder, you cannot be sure the candidate is competent.
- You have to monitor and manage the project yourself or hire another freelancer.
We have compared two leading content writing services to help you evaluate the better option.
Remember that there are many more content-developing platforms out there, and these are not the best options to choose from.
You may try them out to see if these two sites can meet the quality standards that you need for your business. If you are not satisfied, you are free to switch to a better alternative. If you want well-constructed content with excellent SEO, Content Refined might be the best option for you.