Income Report – September
Was I going to be able to continue with my record numbers or would I end up seeing a large dip in earnings this month…
September my Wife/kids spent a couple weeks visiting family and while I missed them it would have been foolish for me not to capitalize and throw more hours at my online business.
In this report I will talk through my monthly results for…
- Passive Income Website Portfolio
- AuthorityWebsiteIncome Blog
- Expired Domain Services:
- New Business To Report Next Month
- New Amazon FBA Strategy – Staying consistent with using my team, skills and resources with websites I have that are ranking I will be building an Amazon FBA business on the back of a couple of my sites. I talk more about the strategy here. Although I can’t call this a success yet I am happy that I am attacking this business with an advantage (sales from a couple of my sites).
- Six Figure Challenge Site Starting to Make Money – Although this has been slower and less than I would like my income for the site is starting to pick up.
- Improved Systems for Services Business – This is a never ending battle and one I know will never be over but on all fronts September saw upgrades to my procedures…
- contently.com being used for improved content quality
- Added additional management position which increased rate of site completion
- Work Ethic – This was never usually a problem but I had a couple months where I was not throwing myself at the business the way I should (partly due to very demanding day job hours). But I am happy to report that for the second month in a row my total hrs of TV watched would be close to zero and the habit of working hard every night has been firmly reformed.
- Cost Control – Although I don’t reveal my revenue and costs on this post I will say that my costs in September were the highest I have ever had! This is partially expected because the majority of my costs are variable and revenue is hitting new highs. However, all the cost increase is not efficient. I need to dig in and ensure no waste is creeping into my systems.
- Email Opt Ins – Both on this site and others I am way under-optimized for email capture and this is hurting my business. This is not a failure just in September but worth mentioning as a key failure because it went another month un-addressed.
2015 Business Goals
Part 1 – Passive Authority & Niche Website Income Profit/Loss
5 Goals in 2015 for my Website Portfolio Business
- Build Six Figure Website
SEP UPDATE – I was expecting a dip in Sep for seasonal reasons but the traffic trend continued to rise! Right now I am keeping the content machine working with 2 great writers and so far that plus my 301 Building Block strategy seems to be enough to keep the website growing!
- Traffic = 28,976
- Income = $453
2. Continue Building Smaller Profitable “Niche” Sites
SEP UPDATE – Not currently being worked
3. Systematize Top 20 Sites in Portfolio
SEP UPDATE – Progress!! Finally… I am getting both some content and link building moving again on my top sites. The systems around this activity are not enough for it to sustain without my direct involvement.
4. Buy 2 Sites Per Month
SEP UPDATE: 3 Websites purchased in September! 1 was a very weak site <$20/month with another in the $250/month range and finally one that I hope will push $750/month.
- GOAL = 18 sites purchased by Aug 2015
- ACTUAL = 22 sites (+3 in Sep)
If any readers are looking to sell their profitable site(s) VERY QUICKLY let me know by emailing me. I can let you know in 12hrs if I am interested and complete the purchase in 24-48hrs – Contact Me Here
I have found the right sellers are those…
- Looking to sell FAST (under 24hrs has been accomplished!) (shorter time for due diligence on my end increases risk for me)
- Not wanting to spend a lot of time on the sales process (analytics and income proof is all I need)
- Sites are medium-questionable quality (questionable SEO, non-native English articles are OK)
- High quality sites making over $500/month often make sense to sell via other channels (EmpireFlippers is a great marketplace)
- Understand that the benefits of the bullet points above means the sales multiple will be lower
- Contact Me To Sell Your Site Fast
5. Improve Monetization of Existing Sites
SEP UPDATE – Progress (finally), for some of my older sites I took some time to make changes, get other affiliate CPA programs and looking forward to seeing the impact in October.
PRIMARY GOAL – OVERALL INCOME FOR WEBSITE PORTFOLIO
Having gotten through what should be a seasonal dip I believe I am on track for some solid months moving forward. 4 factors are moving in the right direction…
- Adding new sites to my portfolio
- Coming into the peak Amazon season
- Changes made to a few of my bigger earning sites I hope we will see results in October
- My six figure challenge site continuing to grow
With these 4 factors I am optimistic the slope of the trend-line over the last 3 months can continue.
Part 2 – Authority Website Income Blog Profit/Loss
My commitment on this site is to provide once per week posts from me in and one MONSTER of an ultimate guide a little later in the year.
3 Goals in 2015 for AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
- Post 1-2 times per week
SEP UPDATE – I slipped one week in Sep…
- Plan = 4
- Actual = 3
2. 2 EPIC Posts Published
3. PRIMARY GOAL – GROW TO 30k VISITORS PER MONTH
I have moved several posts to LightningRank.com which will put me a little behind on this goal…but no excuses I still want to hit this goal this year!
Part 3 – Services Business Profit/Loss
- Create Stand Alone Business
SEP UPDATE – Reviewing what the next steps need to be for phase 2 of the integration with Zaxaa.
- Rework and Customize Systems
SEP UPDATE – Small tweaks continue. The only way I will be able to tackle this is with a week long vacation deep diving into my teams procedures.
- Systematic Customer Acquisition
PRIMARY GOAL – STAND ALONE SYSTEMATIZED SERVICES BUSINESS
This goal is within reach!
Overall Income Update
Original Monthly Net Income Target (original – $15k/month reliable income by age 35)
- Target Net Income = $7,425
- Actual net Income = $18,351
- 2015 Average Monthly Net Income = $12,976
After an amazing month by the metrics last month I am happy to report I was able to keep my income numbers up and record my 3rd highest income month online.
My final comment would be that there are an endless number of opportunities to build meaningful wealth online and the only thing between us and the opportunity is putting in the work.