Income Report Roundup – May 2020
Many of these entrepreneurs continue to work at the strategies that they adapted during these turbulent months. Although many of them found different methods to succeed, it definitely helped that they were in the world of online commerce and content. They have taken advantage of a time where many people were on their computers, and have found a way to shift their offerings to cater to people’s specific wants.
#1 Takeaway – Stay the Course – In the past few months, we focused on how these online entrepreneurs shifted to the changes in the world economy. Now, they are sticking to these strategies and seeing their efforts pay off. Sometimes, success is all in the follow through. Keep doing what’s working, and you’ll see it pay off.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Stay Put – Sometimes, there is the constant need to always adapt. Always try that new thing, or move in a new direction. But if something is working, why change it? Often, your best bet is to continue doing what made you successful. This is not to say that you can’t continue to innovate, but sometimes the best innovation is to recognize what’s working and keep doing it.
- Constant Evaluation – Of course, this strategy comes with a requirement. You need to be able to recognize the reason for your success. You should be constantly evaluating your own strategies, so that you can recognize what’s working and what isn’t. This is a major reason that these entrepreneurs write these income reports in the first place. Not only does it hold them accountable, but it forces them to dig deep into their business practices each month to see what’s working and what isn’t.
Quick May Update on my End:
- Posts at AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
- Lots of family bike rides and first swims in the bay, although much turmoil in the world it is great to get out and enjoy the outdoors
- MotionInvest – We worked on the plan to launch the Marketplace which has us selling sites for people that meet our high standards but we don’t buy ourselves. This combined with our Dutch Auction approach to site valuation has resulted in a record number of listings available for sale at MotionInvest!
- ContentRefined – Maddie is off on Mat Leave (congrats) and the new team has done an amazing job transitioning into her role. Narcis in particular has taken on some additional responsibility and is performing extremely well.
- LightningRank – We have soft launched to a small group an ecommerce focused network of real sites (traffic, earnings etc) that are available for relevant links. Response has been great and
- BrandBuilders.io – A big giveaway is being planned that is going to be exciting. Brady has done a great job increasing the rate of marketing content creation with a growing YouTube channel.
- Super Secret Software Project – It is coming soon 🙂
- AdBank – Relay.digital was launched off the back of the adbank tech to help work from home companies continue to communicate the important but never urgent messaging around company culture and values.
My Reason for This Round Up:
When I started my online entrepreneurship journey I took a lot of inspiration from others that were sharing everything they did online. Seeing that people like me were making REAL money and that the opportunity to replace my day job was possible.
It has been 3.5 years since I left my day job – https://websiteincome.com/quit-my-job/
The more transparent the report the more I appreciated and was motivated by it.
Over the years I have tried to be as transparent as possible sharing along the way my goals, business successes/failures and the ultimate results(profits).
After years of sharing monthly income posts I decided that it made sense to stop these… a decision I actually regret as I wish I had found a way to keep sharing some of what I was doing.
My reason for stopping was my online world and “real” worlds became more connected and it was becoming very odd to share these numbers.
Looking at many of the people that originally had an income round up posts they have also stopped. Namely the most famous in the space Pat Flynn no longer does income round ups.
In this post I will cover…
- List of inspiring income report posts and how they earned their profits
- Recognize motivating people showing not just telling people the results they are achieving
- Learn from others – What the key learning is from the people
Last Month Profit – $13,246.20
Name – Ron Stefanski
Website – onehourprofessor.com
Business Model – Authority Affiliate Site
Income Report – https://www.onehourprofessor.com/may-2020-monthly-income-report/
- Ron had a bounce back month, and he expects the growth trend to continue in June.
- Most of his websites bounced back, but two primary Amazon affiliates continue to suffer due to low affiliate commissions. He also struggled with the new Google algorithm.
- Ron continues to focus on his YouTube channel, and it continues to grow. He now has a positive ROI.
Checkout the video I did with Ron and be sure to read his gripping story here!
Last Month Profit – $8,738.29
Name – Johnny FD
Website – johnnyfd.com
Business Model – Mixed – Dropshipping & Investing
- Johnny continues to live in Sri Lanka.
- Johnny had a great month and actually made the most money he has in a while.
- Johnny has seen his dropshipping stores make great sales this month. He still attributes his success to Anton’s Method of Dropshipping, even seven years later.
- Johnny was doing so well this month, and living the easy life on the beach, that he decided to create a 100% free dropshipping course just to give back.
Last Month Profit – $28,152.62
Name – Ryan Robinson
Website – ryrob.com
Business Model – Authority Website (affiliate earnings)
Income Report – https://www.ryrob.com/blog-income-report-april-2020/
- Blog income rose a good deal for Ryan in May, primarily due to increased affiliate commissions.
- Ryan gave his writers as much work as they wanted to take on, which is keeping him stocked on content for months.
- Ryan expects traffic on his blogs to keep increasing into June, which should see even more increased profits.
- Ryan invests in long-form, in-depth content, which is what he attributes to why it is so actionable.
Last Month Profit – $5407
Name – Anne
Website – www.yeys.com
Business Model – Web Publishing Blog
Income Report – https://yeys.com/may-2020-traffic-revenue-report/
- Anne finally made a profit in May, after months of hard work on her project.
- She saw traffic go up 52%, and revenue go up 54%.
- Three of her blogs make up the majority of her growth, and continued to grow into May.
- She makes money with these blogs primarily from display ads and Amazon affiliate links.
- This month, she experimented with a/b testing on call to action links. She enjoyed this strategy for gaging the success of her links.
Although they don’t do exactly income reports, there are a few reports that are worth mentioning and when they publish new reports I will be sure to include.
Am I missing any I should include? Please drop a message in the comment section below with anyone I should include next month!
Several this month didn’t publish so I wasn’t able to include but will again when they publish.