Record Income Numbers – November 2015
Building something substantial is pure and complete enjoyment…
What do I mean? Well watching my 2.5year old son build things sometimes physically(pushes chairs and the plastic kids table around to make a very wobbly but fun slide) and sometimes imaginary (pirate ship) it is clear he is never more engaged than when he is building something.
I believe many of us are the same way when it comes to our businesses. Building a new process or new business can result in our highest levels of engagement, productivity and fun!
November was a month where I was Building!
Often with my limited work hours I struggle to get past sustainment but November I was able to put time into building out new strategies!
The record results I believe highlight this fact.
In this report I will talk through my monthly results for…
- Passive Income Website Portfolio
- AuthorityWebsiteIncome Blog
- SEO &Expired Domain Services:
- Amazon FBA Business (seperate income report for specific details)
In this post I just speak about net income as I believe gross revenue is a vanity number for most online businesses.
If you would like to see changes to these income reports please let me know as I will be making adjustments in 2016.
- Amazon FBA Results – In November I had almost a full month under my belt for my FBA business and the results are great!
- Passive Income Portfolio – Great month between both my Amazon Affiliate sites, Student Loan Sites and my six figure challenge site. My passive income portfolio had a record month!
- Progress on New Service! I am not ready to discuss this yet but with some initial sales it is clear we have something that will offer a lot of value to many people!
- Ultimate PBN Building Guide – I poured HOURS into my ultimate guide for building PBNs and it is the most effective how to guide on the subject anywhere. The feedback on the guide has been great but has resulted in a slow down in some orders as people initially attempt to build a PBN themselves. My hope is this is only temporary as people realize the difficulty in building PBNs and see the cost and time savings having my team build them with my Done for You PBN Service.
- Still an Idiot –Lost $1,500 in 1 day with 1 mistake!On my Amazon FBA business I had a promotion code which I didn’t limit in number and as a result in the span of only a couple hours I lost $3,000 worth of product but was able to cancel ½ the sales before they shipped. Lucky for me my wife is doing a great job monitoring the account otherwise we could have lost all our inventory and not been able to benefit from the Black Friday and Cyber Monday push. This screw up prevented me from breaking through a new income milestone.
- Where Does the Money Go? I used to track $ in the bank target(not actual numbers)on this site and think that may need to come back. Just because my net income for the month is x doesn’t mean my businesses net worth goes up by x. Because of the costs around the FBA business, delays in getting affiliate checks etc there is a discrepancy. This discrepancy balances out over time but this month in particular saw a big spread from business liquid asset position increase vs income!
2015 Business Goals
Part 1 – Passive Authority & Niche Website IncomeProfit/Loss
5 Goals in 2015 for my Website Portfolio Business
- Build Six Figure Website
NOVUPDATE – Even with a decent sized screw up where I let the site sit dead for 3 days the traffic numbers are up month over month. 3 articles per week plus the occasional 301 Building Block strategy is how I will continue to push this site. I still believe I am leaving a lot of money on the table with this site by not monetizing by category. It would certainly help this site but something simply not high enough on my priority list.
- Traffic =33,881
- Income = $554
2. Continue Building Smaller Profitable “Niche” Sites
NOV UPDATE – Plan to restart building some Amazon affiliate sites focused on FBA potential niches in the coming months. No progress on this front yet.
3. Systematize Top 20 Sites in Portfolio
NOVUPDATE –Good progress on both improved monetization and content creation for many of my best sites!
4. Buy 2 Sites Per Month
NOVUPDATE: I purchased 1 interesting website in November, it has a TON of traffic but makes very little money. Not the typical type of site I buy but with as much traffic as it gets (50k/month!!) and as little money as it makes $150 I figured I would be able to do something with it!
- GOAL = 22 sites purchased by Nov 2015
- ACTUAL = 26 sites (+1 in Nov)
If any readers are looking to sell their profitable site(s) VERY QUICKLY let me know by emailing me. I can let you know in 12hrs if I am interested and complete the purchase in 24-48hrs – Contact Me Here
I have found the right sellers are those…
- Looking to sell FAST (under 24hrs has been accomplished!) (shorter time for due diligence on my end increases risk for me)
- Not wanting to spend a lot of time on the sales process (analytics and income proof is all I need)
- Sites are decent-questionable quality (questionable SEO, non-native English articles are OK)
- High-quality sites making over $500/month often make sense to sell via other channels (EmpireFlippers is a great marketplace)
- Understand that the benefits to you of the bullet points above means the sales multiple will be lower
If you have an Amazon Affiliate site you are looking to sell please let me know!
5. Improve Monetization of Existing Sites
NOV UPDATE – Success in the numbers! Beyond just the seasonal push with my Amazon sites my student loan and six figure site had a record month!RECORD month for my niche website business! My student loan site (the one that AuthorityWebsiteIncome started as a case study to document also had a great month hitting the $2k/month mark).
PRIMARY GOAL – OVERALL INCOME FOR WEBSITE PORTFOLIO
Part 2 – Authority Website Income Blog Profit/Loss
My commitment on this site is to provide once per week posts from me in and one MONSTER of an ultimate guide.
3 Goals in 2015 for AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
- Post 1-2 times per week
NOV UPDATE – Closing in on my target for the year. Will need to put a big push in December to hit my numbers!
- Plan = 4
- Actual = 6
2. 2 EPIC Posts Published
NOV UPDATE –SUCCESS!
- Epic Post One – The 301 building block strategy (Part 1, Part 2)
- Epic Post Two – In November I published my How to Build a PBN Guide
3. PRIMARY GOAL – GROW TO 30k VISITORS PER MONTH
I have moved several posts to LightningRank.com which will put me a little behind on this goal…but no excuses I still want to hit this goal this year!
November saw an increase in traffic but still a long way off of my 30k goal!
Part 3 – Services Business Profit/Loss
- Create Stand-Alone Business
NOVUPDATE –No changes
- Rework and Customize Systems
NOVUPDATE – No Changes
- Systematic Customer Acquisition
NOV UPDATE – No Changes
PRIMARY GOAL – STAND ALONE SYSTEMATIZED SERVICES BUSINESS
Plan to spend time at the end of December on this effort!
Overall Income Update
Original Monthly Net Income Target (original goal $15k/month reliable income by age 35)
- Target Net Income = $7,950
- Actual net Income = $28,857
- 2015 Average Monthly Net Income = $14,520
Record numbers always make for a great report to write. I will continue to push my business to build a robust set of income streams with no single point of failure. Now that I am hitting my income numbers I am continuing to focus on ensuring the income comes from multiple primary sources. Both my services business and portfolio of sites have a heavy reliance on Google, my PBN and my content. Ideally I would like to find another source of traffic to drive to some portion of my website portfolio. In addition even my Amazon business is dependent on Google to some extent because my affiliate site works.
I know I am extremely fortunate to hit these numbers and don’t take it foregranted! The opportunities it opens up to my family can be life changing.
Good luck to everyone wrapping up 2015 strong and getting yourselves in a position to kill it in 2016!