Income Report – March
After last months painful numbers I was really looking for some solid forward progress back to my goals and although I am not there yet progress is certainly being made.
For 2015 I have set new goals and each months income/goals progress report will reflect my slightly adjusted focus.
This monthly report will share all the details about the different “divisions” of my business and the progress towards each goal…
- Passive Income Website Portfolio
- AuthorityWebsiteIncome Blog
- Expired Domain Services:
The purpose of these posts is both to keep me accountable as well as share the details about how I am going about building an online business on the side.
Hopefully this post will give you some ideas on how to grow your business!
- Sales Pipeline Push – It has become clear that although I love systems there are some things that if systematized too early can cause problems. Personal outreach and genuine connections which is clearly critical for my process can not be systematized (easily). One correction from my disappointing month last month was to get myself back engaged in the sales generation process and the results have been solid.
- Passive Website Portfolio Stability – The portfolio of passive income sites continues to perform reliably well. Having 3-4k/month coming in each and every month is fantastic.
- Email Open Rate – This was a problem I was disappointed in my ability to solve but ultimately it wasn’t as complicated as I made it out to be and after a call with AWeber tech support they helped troubleshoot the reason for the largest % of the decline.
- Ability to Narrow Focus – The plan at the start of the year was great but as the business has had several changes and my new life/work/work arrangements are forming I need to update my plan. Sometimes when the work is heavily planned out the goal becomes executing the plan and not accomplishing the results.
2015 Business Goals
Part 1 – Passive Authority& Niche Website IncomeProfit/Loss
No matter where my future business direction I would have a very very hard time giving up the fun of building, buying and running profitable websites.
5 Goals in 2015 for my Website Portfolio Business
1. Build Six Figure Website
MAR UPDATE – Solid growth for organic traffic with week over week increases in almost every week since the site started.
Not hitting the crazy numbers I am wanting to get to but everything continues to move in the right direction.
- Traffic = 2,470
- Income = $88
2. Continue Building Smaller Profitable “Niche” Sites
MAR UPDATE –My aim here is to test out a new system, increase the number of profitable sites I have and finally show how people if they want to can build profitable niche sites in 2015.
- Test still underway
- Income struggling to justify project
- Obvious some will be winners and some will be losers…not sure where the average will be yet
- This post sheds a lot of light on what I am doing – https://websiteincome.com/301-building-block-part-2/
3. Systematize Top 20 Sites in Portfolio
MAR UPDATE –No progress on this front
4. Buy 2 Sites Per Month
MAR UPDATE: I added a couple quickly built sites to my portfolio. These were from a repeat seller who enjoys the benefit of..
- selling them off quickly (within 24hrs the money is in his PayPal account)
- Enjoys not worrying about the downside to the other alternatives (which for a lot of people make more sense than selling to me – check out Empire Flippers or Flippa)…
- The sites don’t make enough to justify the listing fee at other marketplaces
- Wouldn’t be viewed as premium sites and would struggle to either get approved or sell if they did.
- Doesn’t have to go through a slower sales cycle and can get the cash reinvested quickly into his business
- GOAL = 6 sites purchased by Mar 2015
- ACTUAL = 11 sites (+2 in Mar)
If any readers are looking to sell their profitable site(s) quickly let me know by emailing me. I can let you know in 12hrs if I am interested and complete the purchase in 24-48hrs – Contact Me Here
5. Improve Monetization of Existing Sites
MAR UPDATE – No progress on this front!
PRIMARY GOAL – OVERALL INCOME FOR WEBSITE PORTFOLIO
Part 2 – Authority Website Income Blog Profit/Loss
My commitment on this site is to provide once per week posts from me in and one MONSTER of an ultimate guide a little later in the year.
3 Goals in 2015 for AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
1. Post 1-2 times per week
MAR UPDATE – With the help of the six figure challenge team we have produced some great content on the site for people to enjoy.
- Plan = 4
- Actual = 7
2. Be More Involved in Roundups, Interviews & Commenting
FEB UPDATE – Very weak involvement from me here!
- Interview = 0
- Roundup = 1
- Podcast = 0
3. 2 EPIC Posts Published
PRIMARY GOAL – GROW TO 30k VISITORS PER MONTH
Part 3 – Services Business Profit/Loss
- Create Stand Alone Business
MAR UPDATE – No progress towards this, this will come after #2 below has more progress.
- Rework and Customize Systems
MAR UPDATE – Slow progress here. Will need to put some substantial time aside for me to tackle.
- Systematic Customer Acquisition
MAR UPDATE – Some slow progress ahead of schedule on this front but nothing substantial.
PRIMARY GOAL – STAND ALONE SYSTEMATIZED SERVICES BUSINESS
Weak progress in Mar on this front!!
MAR COMMENT – When I look at my actions and my goals they are not very well aligned. What I have as my current priority is reaching out to people and working to stay personally involved in the key sales discussions. This is clearly the correct strategy and I should shortly update my priorities.
Overall Income Update
Original Monthly Net Income Target (original – $15k/month reliable income by age 35)
- Target Net Income = $6,550
- Actual net Income = $4,925
- 2015 Average Monthly Net Income = $7,378
After my worst month in a long time last month I have seen the trend start to correct itself and into April have seen it continue.
Although this monthly report is good at showing a snapshot at the results it doesn’t go much into the specifics of any problems and I have on my post list to share more about some of my learning’s later.