How to Make $100 per Day Starting From Nothing Within 3 Months Online
What would you do if you were starting from scratch online today?
How can I make $100 per day as soon as possible?
These questions and others like them are ones that I often get asked. A lot of people are looking for the fastest path to $100 per day since it represents in a lot of cases enough to support their families. To me the ability to not be dependant on a job or the size of a bank account represents true freedom…I would take the ability to generate $100/day over having $100k in the bank.
Well let me share with you a simple business model I would use if I wanted to make $100/day, was starting from basically nothing and…
- Had $1,000 (no more) to invest
- Had no team members
- Had no contacts
- Had no websites or other assets to leverage
- Had some skills but not an expert at anything
- Needed to make $100/day
- Had only 3 months to do it in
- Had time to invest 2-4hrs/day
Where The Model Came From…
I was having a discussion with one of those annoyingly smart people about his business. You know the type… he started and built a successful underwater robotics company and has won national science awards etc. The worst/most annoying part is that he is my older brother.
All kidding aside he has built a successful business and we chat occasionaly about the overlap between the different ventures we are both involved in.
Going through his site it became clear that even after a recent website rebuild there was some massive holes at the top of his sales funnel.
50% of his leads come through his website, digging into his analytics data the majority of those leads came from the Contact Us page and About Us page. Those 2 pages had not been updated in YEARS and they looked like it!
So What Is The Business Model…
Here is the super simple model I would use to get to $100/day if I was starting from 0 right now…
Make the phones ring more for high ticket product sellers/service providers by improving conversions on 2 of the most important pages – the About Us and Contact Us page!
Basically just install lead-pages on 2 pages!
By focusing on just those 2 pages and a specific set of potential clients the value proposition and execution of the service would be remarkably simple!
Basic Execution of the $100/day in 3 months Business Plan
- Become proficient with lead capture tools (just having one would allow this to work – LeadPages or InstaPage) and the general conversion rate optimization body of knowledge from these great sites… (ConversionXL, Online Behavior, VWO, CRO Experts, UnBounce, Conversion Scientist, ContentVerve & KissMetrics)
- Create a list of companies that meet the following criteria (hire a VA to help)
- Geographic region you defined
- Sell products to people out of town (aka get leads through their website)
- Sell high ticket items (machines etc)
- Have clearly not done any CRO on their site (lots of value to add)
- Their website is built on WordPress
- Hustle to make contact with the correct people (visit, phone, network , email – I never said it would be easy but it is simple!) and present value proposition
- For $0 the first month then $300/month (no risk to them – cancel anytime) you will increase their number of leads from their website by x% guaranteed (~20%).
- Then create simple improved landing page for their About Page & Contact Page using – LeadPages or InstaPage)
- Instantly improve conversions more than 20% and charge $300/month for continued use of your services/pages and run 2-3 tests per month to continue to try and improve conversions.
- Send a monthly report showing the conversion rate improvements and up-sell additional services
The value proposition is essentially risk-free for potential customers – $0 up front and they don’t keep paying unless it is worth it to them!
7 Reasons Why It Would Work?
- You are selling to the revenue generating side of the business (more leads = more money)
- Clear value proposition with easily tracked success metrics (more leads and conversion rate – easy to justify spend)
- Risk-free on the customers side for the sale ($0 initial cost)
- Retention with the pages being created in the tool you own/control will help ensure customers stay
- Recurring revenue model with enough value-add of the ongoing optimizing it would be harder for them to flip to a competitor
- Supporting data – A Business – Business sale when you have supporting data to show why you are a good value for them is .
- High ticket product or service sellers are often dedicated to their craft but not necessarily marketing it. This means there is a lot of room for you to add value.
How the Numbers Could Work Out
- Contact 300 Companies in 3 months (100/month = only 5 per working day!!) = 1-2hr/day
- Trial 15% (conservative) = 45 (0.75/day to set up About Us and Contact Us leadpage) = 1-2hr/day
- Close 33% (conservative) = 15 (set up whatever monthly reporting/testing makes sense = 0.5hr
- 15x$300 = $4,500 Revenue Per Month
- Costs = Leadpages ($480) = $40/month, Website ~$10/month, Other misc. $200/month
- Monthly Net Income after 3 Months = $4,250 working 2.5-4.5hrs/day
This probably paints too rosy of a picture in terms of the workload as I have no time in for existing customer management.
Theory vs Practical
Obviously these numbers are all 100% made up but I see no reason why it would not work.
I write this post as an answer to the question….what would I do if I was starting over or if I had to get to $100/day quickly how would I do it.
If anyone is thinking about tackling some variation of this please email me and let me know how it goes.
The other hidden benefit of this model is that you would learn one of the most valuable skill sets online – conversion rate optimization.
Where do you think this business would fail and if you had to start from scratch how would you get to $100/day in 3 months with $1,000 to invest?