How To Check SEO and Web Best Practice Compatibilities
We want our site to be flawless to avoid penalties or compatibility issues with search engines. Rectifying technical SEOs, Removing possible accessibility issues, and following best practices of web development are tiny details that can decide your site’s performance on search engines.
To secure these criteria, the basic step is to identify the issues on your page. While we usually lean towards great tools like Ahref and Semrush to scan for page-related issues, one quicker and more efficient way to do this is to perform lighthouse scans via your web browser.
Lighthouse, previously known as the “Audits tool,” is a tool to identify and fix common problems that affect your site’s performance, accessibility, and user experience.
These are the simple steps to run a lighthouse scan on pages across your site:
- Open an incognito browser window and click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Open your website page where you want to carry out the test.
- From there, navigate to More tools > Developer tools.
- Next, select the lighthouse tab on your Dev toolbar. (click on the drop-down icon if Lighthouse is not listed among the visible tabs)
- Under the “generate lighthouse report” section, set the Mode to “Navigation,” select your preferred device type for testing, and check Performance, Accessibility, Best practices, and SEO under Categories.
- Once done, click on Analyze page load (the test should take a couple of seconds based on your site speed and asset count)
- When the test is complete, Lighthouse will rate your page per category and display technical faults, if there are any, similar to this example.
- Lighthouse reports are great and let you find critical issues on your pages that you might have never thought existed. I encounter many silly mistakes on various page tests, and fixing those issues has been helpful to those sites (personal sites).
- Moving forward, you can switch the available reports to find individual flows in each category.
Once you know where the issue is, it becomes easier to resolve it yourself or hire someone to fix it. In addition, performing a lighthouse test takes just a couple of minutes, which can be an essential step towards improving your site to be more favorable to search engines.
You will receive some recommendations on where to start, and getting these small details resolved will definitely boost the site’s overall impression for real users and search engines.
- 5 Best Free Plagiarism Checker Tools You Can Try
- How to set up a WordPress multisite [step-by-step tutorial]
- Free Amazon Affiliate WordPress Plugins [2022 Update]
- Few Ways To Optimize Images Without Using Plugin