May Income Report – Fewest Hours Worked in a Month
To everyone who is lucky enough to have the competing time commitments of a family, day job and working to build financial freedom through an online business I hope this monthly income report helps you.
Right now I am in the middle of another very demanding(but also enjoyable) time at my day job where for ~50 days my hours are often 5am-9pm (not including commute).
Work Life Balance – The desire for balance with my current schedule is not reasonable.However I have started trying to think through the balance question a little differently…over what time period do we consider having balance? Balance every day is currently not possible….waiting until retirement for balance is stupidity. Finding the right time period to havebalance is important! After this busy period I will need to re-commit to what is important and make the sacrifices on the not as important things (TV, sleep, exercise, socializing/partying without my family) in order to spend as much time with my family as possible and continue to grow a solid online business.
In this report I will talk through my monthly results for…
- Passive Income Website Portfolio
- AuthorityWebsiteIncome Blog
- Expired Domain Services:
- Systems – With my schedule and main project manager getting married in June the team is doing a fantastic job of continuing to provide the quality PBNs to our clients and also help to grow the website portfolio.
- Time – I was hoping to be able to spend more time on the business but right now I struggle to put in a 1/2hr every other day.
2015 Business Goals
Part 1- Passive Authority and Niche Website Income Profit/Loss
No matter where my future business direction I would have a very very hard time giving up the fun of building, buying and running profitable websites.
5 Goals in 2015 for my Website Portfolio Business
1. Build Six Figure Website
MAYUPDATE – Wee over week traffic growth continues to be strong and growing. A small blip at the start of the month but the site is back growing.
- Traffic =8,440 (big increase!)
- Income = $158
2. Continue Building Smaller Profitable “Niche” Sites
MAY UPDATE – Several small successes but the project I was working on is now on hold for me to free up time to focus on growing the sites I have.
3. Systematize Top 20 Sites in Portfolio
MAYUPDATE –No progress on this front (again!)
4. Buy 2 Sites Per Month
MAY UPDATE: From a seller I have worked with several times before I purchased 4 sites all of which were what would be considered very micro-niche sites. All sites were very small and had only 1 month of traffic history.
- He was able to sell them quickly
- Sold sites that were not making enough to justify listing at Empire Flippers or Flippa
- He was willing to sell for reasonable multiple given short earning history and risk of micro-sites
- GOAL = 8 sites purchased by Mar 2015
- ACTUAL = 17 sites (+4 in May)
If any readers are looking to sell their profitable site(s) quickly let me know by emailing me. I can let you know in 12hrs if I am interested and complete the purchase in 24-48hrs – Contact Me Here
5. Improve Monetization of Existing Sites
MAYUPDATE – This month was interesting! I got an email saying that none of my clicks were counting even though I was sending substantial traffic. By working with the affiliate I will be looking to recover up to $3,500 in missing commissions!! More on that for the June update.
PRIMARY GOAL – OVERALL INCOME FOR WEBSITE PORTFOLIO
Part 2 – Authority Website Income Blog Profit/Loss
My commitment on this site is to provide once per week posts from me in and one MONSTER of an ultimate guide a little later in the year.
3 Goals in 2015 for AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
- Post 1-2 times per week
MAY UPDATE – As discussed last week I will be starting to slip on this front!
- Plan = 4
- Actual = 2
APR UPDATE – Very weak involvement from me here!
- Interview = 0
- Roundup = 0
- Podcast = 0
2. 2 EPIC Posts Published
PRIMARY GOAL – GROW TO 30k VISITORS PER MONTH
Part 3 – Services Business Profit/Loss
- Create Stand Alone Business
MAYUPDATE – No progress towards this, this will come after #2 below has more progress.
- Rework and Customize Systems
MAY UPDATE – Minimal progress but systems are holding!
- Systematic Customer Acquisition
MAY UPDATE – Some decent progress on this front with piloting an affiliate program
PRIMARY GOAL – STAND ALONE SYSTEMATIZED SERVICES BUSINESS
Overall Income Update
Original Monthly Net Income Target (original – $15k/month reliable income by age 35)
- Target Net Income = $6,725
- Actual net Income = $8,364
- 2015 Average Monthly Net Income = $8,952
This was a shorter update but I am happy to be able to continue to share all the bare details each month even during this crazy time!
For all the people out there working to build an online business with VERY limited time I am happy to be here to hopefully be an example of how to have moderate online success all while managing family and work demands.