Income Report Roundup – Feb 2020
We all know that it isn’t business as usual these days. In February, many businesses were not as affected, but were starting to see things take shape. This next while will surely test as business owners, as it will test everyone else. This income report is centered on February, where problems were not yet as prominent, but we surely will see some unexpected occurrences in next month’s report.
#1 Takeaway – Follow Through – Many of the businesses on this list had yet to feel the effects of the coronavirus this month, although that will surely become an issue in the March and April roundups. For now, many of these businesses posted strong months, and this was largely by follow-through. Many of these business owners saw success in February because of plans they had set in motion months prior. There are a few key things to keep in mind to follow through to the best of your ability. :
- Trust Yourself – A key to following through is to trust your plans. If you have a specific, actionable plan, don’t be dissuaded if it doesn’t reap rewards immediately. After all, many successful plans are long-term, and require a significant investment up front. So trust your plan and see it through, you can’t fully benefit from the plan if you don’t follow it all the way through.
- Know When To Pivot – Of course, not every plan will be successful, and you have to know the point at which you pivot. If you are concerned about a goal, or are really not seeing the results you wanted, there is always the option to restructure or to start a new plan. Finding this balance is the difficult part, and is often learnt by doing.
Quick February Update on my End:
- Posts at AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
- Highlight – Correlation SEO Review of MarketMuse, SurferSEO and POP – this was a detailed analysis over several months looking at which tool provided the biggest lift in rankings for my sites. All tools were effective and the results were very impressive.
- How Much is My Website Worth? – In this post I dug in deep on the IncomeStore portfolio to look at the value of the sites within the portfolio.
- LOTS of skiing this winter with the family
- ContentSurge has been very well received… people are hungry for a content marketing solution that goes beyond just words to include strategy, great content and a link building strategy – Checkout ContentSurge here
- A couple of projects made great progress towards their launch such as the free Amazon Affiliate Disclosure plugin and review.
- MotionInvest is continuing to see very large demand for its services and in February has launched a giveaway…be sure to signup and potentially receive a FREE website!
My Reason for This Round Up:
When I started my online entrepreneurship journey I took a lot of inspiration from others that were sharing everything they did online. Seeing that people like me were making REAL money and that the opportunity to replace my day job was possible.
It has been 3.5 years since I left my day job – https://websiteincome.com/quit-my-job/
The more transparent the report the more I appreciated and was motivated by it.
Over the years I have tried to be as transparent as possible sharing along the way my goals, business successes/failures and the ultimate results(profits).
After years of sharing monthly income posts I decided that it made sense to stop these… a decision I actually regret as I wish I had found a way to keep sharing some of what I was doing.
My reason for stopping was my online world and “real” worlds became more connected and it was becoming very odd to share these numbers.
Looking at many of the people that originally had an income round up posts they have also stopped. Namely the most famous in the space Pat Flynn no longer does income round ups.
In this post I will cover…
- List of inspiring income report posts and how they earned their profits
- Recognize motivating people showing not just telling people the results they are achieving
- Learn from others – What the key learning is from the people
Last Month Profit – $24,242.31
Name – Ron Stefanski
Website – onehourprofessor.com
Business Model – Authority Affiliate Site
- Ron had an unexpectedly great month, despite taking a 10 day vacation!
- One of Ron’s websites went briefly viral, and his YouTube continues to grow.
- Ron is very happy with all the effort he has put into his YouTube channel. He published 12 videos this month.
- Ron was successful in finding new writers for two of his websites.
- Overall growth continues to be great, as evidenced by the graph below:
Checkout the video I did with Ron and be sure to read his gripping story here!
Last Month Profit – $5,437
Name – Lidiya
Website – letsreachsuccess.com
Business Model – Blogging
Income Report – https://letsreachsuccess.com/february-2020-blog-income-report/
- Lidiya had a solid month. She had over 500 new subscribers to her email list, and the number is picking up speed.
- Lidiya worked on SEO this week, including creating silo pages for the major topics on her website.
- She has continued to offer sponsored posts on her blog, and are a major source of income for her.
Last Month Profit – no update this month
Name – Spencer Haws
Website – NichePursuits.com
Business Model – Authority Affiliate Site
Income Report – https://www.nichepursuits.com/get-ready-niche-site-project-4/
- No income report published this month.
Last Month Profit – $14,199.59
Name – Johnny FD
Website – johnnyfd.com
Business Model – Mixed – Dropshipping & Investing
- Johnny had a fun month, now living in Sri Lanka.
- Johnny had a rough month on the stock market, but also cashed some investments out for some great returns.
- Johnny made a good amount of dropshipping sales this month, but was also hit with many refunds from out-of-stocks.
- Johnny had a good month overall, which shows the results of diversifying income streams and making good investments.
Last Month Profit – N/A
Name – Jon Dykstra
Website – fatstacksblog.com
Business Model – Authority Website (display ads)
Income Report – No Report Yet
Last Month Profit – N/A
Name – Ryan Robinson
Website – ryrob.com
Business Model – Authority Website (affiliate earnings)
Create and Go
Last Month Profit – $116,676
Name – Alex & Lauren
Business Model – Affiliate Blog & Online Course
Income Report – https://createandgo.com/blog-income-report/
- Alex and Lauren continue to travel full time and live remotely.
- Pinterest remains a huge part of their strategy for driving traffic toward their blog.
- Based on an algorithm change, they are now posting more new content on Pinterest because it is proven to result in a further reach.
- The majority of their blogging income continues to come from affiliate marketing and through selling digital products and services.
Last Month Profit – Negative $6374
Name – Anne
Website – www.yeys.com
Business Model – Web Publishing Blog
Income Report – https://yeys.com/traffic-revenue-report-2-20/
- The strategy of Yeys is simple. Find underserved niches, publish quality content, and monetize. Anne runs several niche blogs on topics such as travel, automotive, and home improvement.
- Anne works with many freelancers to publish over 150 articles a month.
- Since this is a new blog, the loss is actually expected, as she is investing aggressively in growth.
- The blogs have actually been doing quite well, with an increase of almost 10%
- Anne, as many online entrepreneurs, is concerned about the effect of Covid-19 on the market.
Although they don’t do exactly income reports, there are a few reports that are worth mentioning and when they publish new reports I will be sure to include.
Am I missing any I should include? Please drop a message in the comment section below with anyone I should include next month!