April Income Report – Record Numbers and New Projects Revealed
April was an exciting month where several bigger projects have all been picking up momentum at the same time.
The results have been great! Growth of several existing business projects and a couple new ones are moving very close to launching.
Every month has its ups and downs and April was no different.
In this post I will share both the good and the bad!
My Business Projects:
- Passive Income Website Portfolio
- AuthorityWebsiteIncome Blog
- SEO & Expired Domain Services:
- Amazon FBA Business
- Brand #1
- Brand #2
- Brand #3
- New Web App Project
- Diversified Income – As you can tell by the list above there are a lot of projects on the go with my business. This is often rightfully questioned but months like this month where the income is steadily growing overall while some of the businesses have natural swings shows the benefit of the diversified income streams.
- ListingEagle.com (exclusive launch coming) – This project has been hinted at on this site and it has been a lot of fun! Working with some awesome team members and advisers has helped this business take shape very quickly! I will certainly write a very detailed post about the process I have used. ListingEagle is security monitoring for your Amazon FBA Listing which alerts you instantly by both text and email the instant a hijacker jumps on your listing so you can get them off before they steal sales and hurt your brand.
- BrandBuilders.io Results & Growth – Many clients have been extremely happy with both the FBA Private Label Branded websites and the Done For You Affiliate Sites the team has been producing. It is now time for us to continue growing!
- Record Numbers! These results several months in a row from multiple streams are very encouraging that my focus is in the right area.
- FBA Sale Progress – Working through this process has been slower than I had originally expected. Although there have been no real differences of opinion at this stage things have slowed down as the paperwork gets finalized and ready to sign. Everything is still on track and I am excited to start working with an awesome individual but the process is surprisingly long!
- I Have Been the Bottleneck – Because of my schedule I try very hard to setup systems/businesses which I am not the bottleneck of. However, with 3 substantial projects needing my attention (FBA Sale, New FBA Brand, ListingEagle) I have bottlenecked some of these businesses. I will need to do work moving forward that I do a better job of not having too many new projects that need my attention on the go at the same time.
2016 Business Goals
Below is my businesses main goals for 2016
(Note – ListingEagle was not part of the plan at the start of 2016)
Part 1 – Passive Authority & Niche Website Income Profit/Loss
3 Goals in 2016 for my Website Portfolio Business
- Systematize Top 20 Sites in Portfolio
Apr Update – No change. The content system is moving well but I need to make other improvements to this group of sites specifically around higher touch outreach and monetization improvements.
- Buy 1 Site Per Month
Apr Update – I will look to continue to add 1 new website to my portfolio per month through acquisition when it makes sense.
- GOAL = 1 Website
- ACTUAL = 1 very inexpensive website purchased
If any readers are looking to sell their profitable site(s) VERY QUICKLY let me know by emailing me. I can let you know in 12hrs if I am interested and complete the purchase in 24-48hrs – Contact Me Here
I have found the right sellers are those…
- Looking to sell FAST (under 24hrs has been accomplished!) (shorter time for due diligence on my end increases risk for me)
- Not wanting to spend a lot of time on the sales process (analytics and income proof is all I need)
- Sites are medium-questionable quality (questionable SEO, non-native English articles are OK)
- High quality sites making over $500/month often make sense to sell via other channels (EmpireFlippers is a great marketplace)
- Understand that the benefits of the bullet points above means the sales multiple will be lower
If you have an Amazon Affiliate site you are looking to sell fast please let me know – Looking to buy fast at market value!!
- Sell Websites Strategically for $100k Total
Apr Update – This goal was achieved in Feb with the sale of a six figure option (see details here – creative structure here). Right now the deal continues to be going well but the option has not been exercised.
PRIMARY GOAL – OVERALL INCOME FOR WEBSITE PORTFOLIO ABOVE $10k/MONTH
Part 2 – Authority Website Income Blog Profit/Loss
3 Goals in 2015 for AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com
- Post Once Per Week
Apr Update – Another missed month! Definitely a challenge for me to keep my standards high and get posts out each week, my standards will not slip and I will continue to try and get 1 useful post each month!
- Plan = 4
- Actual = 3
2. 10x my Outreach
Apr Update – A couple podcasts completed and a couple others setup which has been a good increase in my outreach efforts. But still not the 10x effort I need to put in here, although I do have an idea for a very useful post that will be useful and increase my outreach efforts.
3. Site Redesign – Completed!
Apr Update – Continuing to tweak but I can call this one complete!
PRIMARY GOAL – GROW TO 30k VISITORS PER MONTH
Apr Update – +51.46% year over year increase. I believe if I can achieve my weekly posting plus my 10x outreach I can achieve this goal!
Part 3 – Services Business Profit/Loss
4. Systems Overhaul/Refresh – This one hasn’t started yet but I have a plan for it mapped out.
5. Improve email marking and sales automation – In January I started down this road moving all contacts over to ActiveCampaign but have not fully fleshed out the sales automation yet!
6. BrandBuilders.io Becomes The Go-To Resource for Done 4 You Amazon FBA Private Label Websites – Awesome results for customers to date! We are growing in staff now as well to meet demand. If you are on my email list you will have see how you can potentially join the team!
PRIMARY GOAL – STAND ALONE SYSTEMATIZED SERVICES BUSINESS IN 2016
Part 4 – Amazon FBA Business
- Sell FBA Business for 30x with 3+ Solid Months – Progress on this project has slowed in April but I believe we are in the final stages and very excited to start growing this business with the help of the new team member.
- Launch Brand #2 – With my other projects on the go this one has slipped off the priority list. I am re-establishing my expectations for this business as I prioritize it below a few other projects still in development.
- Launch Brand #3 – Good progress on this business with the affiliate site getting back on track and having the first order in motion. If all goes well we will be live on Amazon in May.
Part 5 – Web App Business – Coming May 2016
Stay tuned ListingEagle.com will be launching soon!
Overall Income Update
Original Monthly Net Income Target (original goal $15k/month reliable income by age 35)
- Target Net Income = $8,825
- Actual net Income = $35,697.67
- 2016 Average Monthly Net Income = $31,996.80 (stretch goal is 30k average for the year)
Gross revenue is a vanity number for my business and I do not share it.
April was another record month for income which is obviously amazing. My core existing businesses continue to perform well and grow with limited personal involvement from me beyond my weekly reviews and calls with the key manager running them.
May will see the launch of a couple new projects and I will continue to work hard to find a balance between all activities I have on the go and find time whenever I can to do work (for example this post has been written while I wait from my car to get new tires on it).
Final Thought for Fellow Canadians – Consider donating to the hard working folks of Fort McMurray via the Canadian Red Cross for the fire response RedCross.ca/donatenow.