2015 Online Business Goals
In this post I go against some of often shared wisdom (keep your goals to yourself) and go into the exact knitty gritty details of my online business goals for 2015.
There are 3 distinct parts to my business and for 2015 each gets one top level goal with a set of sub-goals that I can trend over the year and if achieved should result in my main goal being achieved.
This year I am aiming to keep it relatively simple with my one main goal for each of the 3 businesses I hope I can keep my focus clear.
The one big difference I have in goal setting compared to the normal is my preference on having the Goals be SMART”R” where the second R means Rateable….throughout the year how well am I doing on my way to my goal completion.
In 2015 these are the goals I will be grinding away on…
ONE – Website Portfolio Business
For my website portfolio business I have big goals in 2015 to build off of the success of 2014. My plan is to substantially increase my monthly income in this business on several fronts but the MAIN focus will be on building my six figure website challenge site into a $5k/month earner!
Main Goal – $10,000/month gross by the end of 2015
- Build Six Figure Website ($5k/month) (#1 FOCUS)!
- Metric = Visitors/month
- Metric = $/month
- Have Team Continuing to Build Smaller Profitable Sites Systematically
- Metric = #/month (goal 1/month)
- Systematize Running of Top 20 Sites
- Metric = # of sites put into a promotion system
- Buy Sites 2/month
- Metric = #/month
- Improve Monetization
- Metric = $/visitor for sites worked on
TWO – AuthorityWebsiteIncome
For three months last year I decreased the number of posts I was publishing to almost zero! This hurt my site! Reliable quality, useful posts is the most important thing for me to do as part of AuthorityWebsiteIncome.
Main Goal – Double Traffic (30k visitors per month)
- Post 1-2/week (get to 80 posts for the year)
- Metric = # of posts/month
- Be More Involved in the Great Community (2/month)
- Metric = # of round up posts, podcast interviews etc/month
- EPIC Post x 2
- # of EPIC posts completed
THREE – Services
My services business continues to be one of the larger opportunities and requires the most from a management standpoint.
The business has grown organically out of servicing the needs of initial customers. This has been great but it has also created a partially frankensteined together group of systems.
Main Goal – Standalone business with functioning systems/procedures from acquisition to fulfillment
- Stand Alone Business
- Metric = done or not done
- Reworked Systems
- Metric = # of systems reviewed (target 2/month)
- Systematic Growth
- Metric = # of Customers through channels other than Authority Website Income
With 2014 being a fantastic year financially averaging $11,823.05/month net income my goal in 2015 is to match but with a higher % coming from my website portfolio.
- Average = $12k/month
How can I help you in 2015…what goals do you wish I had on my list I don’t?